Eager Ernie and his gang of Triggermen managed to ally with the local raider gang at Easy City Downs. The gang has scavenged and fixed up several old robots. With those robots, Ernie runs a successful robot racing business out of the old horse racetrack, making loads of caps.
As part of the deal to use the racetrack, Ernie and his men had to fork over much of their profits to Wire at Libertalia as a tribute. To attempt to circumvent the restrictions imposed by deal, Ernie began having Tommy cook their books while another associate worked to rig the races in their favor by working with the robots while they were offline.
He uses the technology for his and his associates' own gain, never letting wastelanders come and watch his races, instead, shooting them on sight. Like the Combat Zone, Ernie's robot racing venue is only open to raiders.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Raider Troubles - Preston Garvey or a settler will send the Sole Survivor to eliminate Eager Ernie and his gang.
- Randolph Safehouse - Eager Ernie is a possible target.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Clean tan suit||Submachine gun variant||Eager Ernie's key
Eager Ernie's password
.45 round x11
- It is possible for Ernie to spawn as a legendary Triggerman.
- Depending on chance, Ernie will sometimes order the raiders to "turn the robots on," and a raider will use a terminal to turn the robots hostile.
Eager Ernie appears only in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.341: ""[4.25] EASY CITY DOWNS"
This was once a small, struggling racetrack with aging facilities. It is currently occupied by a gang of Raiders and Triggermen who use the track to host their robot races.
Eager Ernie is in charge here and has a key and password to unlock any doors, allowing easy access to the downstairs clubhouse terminal (Expert) and upstairs master control terminal (Expert), as well as the Repair Shop (Advanced) and Robot Control Terminal (Novice) out in the track. Both terminals allow you to control the racing robots; come evening, they turn against their masters. There are some reserve robots to activate in the south warehouse, too. Watch for items to scavenge everywhere; don't forget to check the bus (two are locked [Novice])."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)