Shorter than other humans, dwarfs can be servants or reach positions of power and influence, particularly in the developed societies of New California.
- Gretch, a mentally handicapped indentured servant of Doc Morbid in Junktown.
- Mitch, a prosperous trader operating a shop in Hub's prestigious Merchant Market.
- Zack, the head trader of the Gun Runners in the Boneyard.
- Buster, a major weapons merchant in the bazaar of the NCR's capital city.
- Duppo, a major merchant and head of the Stockmen's Association.
- Micky, a treasure hunter from Broken Hills.
- Stuart Little, boxing manager in New Reno.
Dwarfs only appear in Fallout and Fallout 2.