Dry Rock Gulch was the first Nuka-World park expansion, launched in 2058. Inspired by John-Caleb Bradberton's own love of the Old West when he was child, the park was designed to emulate the feeling of the American Frontier, working on the popular image of the West as an untamed frontier, full of helpful people. The park was also constructed in part as a celebration of Nuka-Cola Wild, Nuka-Cola's own root-beer variant.
When the Great War struck, most visitors died where they were; the radiation cooked them performing their last acts, and the concussive force of the blasts toppled the rollercoaster. For over two hundred years, it remained almost untouched by time. However, with the raiders' successful seizure of the trader settlement of Nuka-Town USA, a surviving group of traders fled into this park. With the raiders hot on their tail, they unknowingly barricaded themselves within the bloodworm nest within Mad Mulligan's Mine, and quickly succumbed to the bloodworms. Since then, the gulch has become a breeding ground of bloodworms, with the local authorities deeming it to be an infestation of deadly worms.
The tower near the mountain coaster is accessible with a power armor jetpack and has a Nuka-Cola Wild and a mini nuke, along with two ammo cases. It's possible to hop over the mountains to the employee area which is filled with frag mines and feral ghouls. It is also possible to get up on top of the above-ground part of Mad Mulligan's Minecart Coaster to find additional loot, including a toy sloth hanging onto an overgrown vine on the upper part of the coaster.
- Dry Rock Gulch Theater
- Mad Mulligan's Minecart Coaster
- Doc Phosphate's Saloon
- Main Street
- Ol' Sugartop
- SCAV! issue #5 - Located on the rooftop of the central most building within the Dry Rock Gulch employee area.
- Nuka-Cola Quartz - Located sitting on a small ledge of one of the closed kiosks, just before reaching the collapsed coaster near the south entrance. (There is a small, faded sign obscuring it from view while facing the coaster from the entrance.)
- Nuka-Sunrise recipe - In an employees-only room directly to the east from where you meet Sheriff Hawk, behind an Expert locked door.
- Nuka-Xtreme recipe - On the roof of the building containing the employees only room. Accessible by stairs located to the south of the uppermost theater seating.
- Nuka-Bombdrop recipe - Located just west of the Mad Mulligan's Minecart Coaster entrance on a trolley in the alcove just before reaching the Bandit Roundup kiosk.
- Star core - Located next to two corpses underneath a light post south of Doc Phosphate's Saloon, past the cemetery, in between two sets of closed kiosks.
- Two Nuka-Cola Victory bottles - One located on the same roof as the Nuka-Xtreme recipe and another located on the roof of the easternmost building in the Dry Rock Gulch employee area.
- Nuka-Cade ticket rolls - One behind the bar inside Doc Phosphate's Saloon and one inside the Dry Rock Gulch Theater employees only building unlocked by the Dry Rock Gulch Theater key.
- Caleb's personal log and Jesse's personal log - Inside open lockers in the same employee only building as the above ticket roll.
- Safe combinations - Obtained from One-Eyed Ike, Sheriff Eagle and Sheriff Hawk during High Noon at the Gulch.
- Dry Rock Gulch safe combination - Spawns in inventory after getting all three safe combinations.
- Dry Rock Gulch Theater key - Found in a toolbox on top of the Dry Rock Gulch Theater.
- Mini nuke - Located at the top of the large wooden tower called Ol' Sugartop. Power armor with a jet pack is required.
- A set of power armor can be found west of Dry Rock Gulch on the road near a blue container.
- Kristy's holotape - In a kiosk near the rollercoaster.
- Western revolver - Given by One-Eyed Ike during High Noon at the Gulch.
- Nuka-Town USA terminal entries#Dry Rock Gulch
- Nuka-World loading screen hints: "Due to the overwhelming success of Nuka-World, more parks were immediately planned. Dry Rock Gulch opened in 2058, followed by Safari Adventure in 2067. On both occasions, the amount of visitors almost doubled overnight."
- Nuka-World loading screen hints: "Dry Rock Gulch was built as a celebration of Nuka-Cola Wild, the root-beer flavored beverage. Visitors could take a step back in time and have an immersive experience filled with the sights, sounds and smells of the Old West."
- Mad Mulligan's Minecart Coaster terminal entries#Sam's Log - Entry 2
- The Sole Survivor: "Let me see if I can run some overrides and make you a little more helpful..."
Sheriff Hawk: " Visitors are directed to our three main activity centers: Doc Phosphate's Saloon, Giddyup Kid's Corral, and One-Eyed Ike's quick-draw contest. After completing each activity, the visitor will be given part of the combination to the safe that holds the key to Mad Mulligan's Mine. Signs of life in the mine originally believed to be Mine Cart Ride attendants, but may actually be an infestation of deadly worms. Advise contracting exterminators. System will now reboot. Have a nice day, and don't forget your uniform!"
(DLC04 DRG ProtectronSheriff.txt)