Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Ex-B (explosive-bolt) is an alien experiment that involves equipping the guardian drone model of defensive robot with a cannon that fires spheres of energy that explode upon impact. The Ex-B has a very long range, and if aimed manually, can be used as an effective sniper. The Ex-B can be shot effectively underwater without adverse effects. This variation allows the fired projectile to bounce off solid objects once.
The drone cannon, however, is an ineffective V.A.T.S. weapon, as the fired projectiles will arc toward their targets; since the game does not compensate for gravity in V.A.T.S., this can leave projectiles several meters away from their intended targets.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The drone cannon Ex-B can successfully fire about 417 times from full condition before breaking; the same amount as a normal drone cannon.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Drone cannon - the common variant.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Drone cannon||40||466.7||100||Timed detonation||3.33||x1||50||30||4.7||0.5||1||417||18||1999||111.1|
|Drone cannon Ex-B||40||466.7||100||Impact detonation||3.33||x1||50||30||4.7||0.5||1||417||18||1999||111.1|
Location[edit | edit source]
In the southern area of the weapons lab, there is a room where one can use a nearby button to spawn-in brahmin for the drones to kill (not the room next to the shooting range, but the room next to the weapons cache). Enter the room and destroy the drone for the weapon. There is also a second one in the same room that is automatically activated when the first is destroyed.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When shot, the projectile will occasionally pass through walls or the floor and do nothing. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 In some accounts, when shot, the projectile will just disappear as soon as it hits the target, damaging it but not exploding. [verified]
- PC Xbox 360 When shot into deep water, the projectile will disappear, and then reappear and seemingly "float" in place on the surface without exploding. Projectiles fired onto the floating projectile will attach and stack, also without exploding. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 In V.A.T.S. mode, the Ex-B seems to aim like a normal drone cannon, landing short of the enemy as if expecting the projectile to bounce. [verified]
- Playstation 3 On some occasions, the cannon will fire the projectile but will bounce off surfaces and not explode. [verified]
Sounds[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]