Characteristics[edit | edit source]
It is the removed arm cannon of a guardian drone. It fires a ball of energy that acts as a grenade, bouncing and then exploding after a period of about 3 seconds. The projectile has the ability to move buses and cars before exploding.
This weapon is hard to use at first, but once one understands its operation, it becomes an extremely devastating weapon. A direct hit from the ball of energy will also deal high damage, and hitting a target's middle to upper body will usually result in the ball dropping straight down before exploding, making it a good way to hit specific targets with the explosion.
When fired into water, the projectile will continue normally, bouncing off any obstructions under the water. It will explode normally like other explosives.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The drone cannon can successfully fire about 417 times from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Drone cannon Ex-B - it has increased range over the drone cannon, and the projectiles fired from it explode on impact, unlike the bouncy drone cannon shot.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Drone cannon||40||466.7||100||Timed detonation||3.33||x1||50||30||4.7||0.5||1||417||18||1999||111.1|
|Drone cannon Ex-B||40||466.7||100||Impact detonation||3.33||x1||50||30||4.7||0.5||1||417||18||1999||111.1|
Locations[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
The guardian drones carry a different version of this weapon with the base ID of XX007BA1 with a DMG of 152, full CND, a value of 1999 and no Pip-Boy image. when the player character picks it off their body, the drone version of the weapon is removed and the player character version is added in its place.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When taking the cannon from a drone, it has no icon (PipOS Error - 26 [File Not Found]). [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When examining a cannon dropped by a drone in the normal worldview (not by searching the drone's inventory), it will always show a value of 999 caps (app. half CND) regardless of the weapon's actual quality. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When examining the drone cannon while in a guardian drone's inventory, the condition, damage, and value is at its highest (Full CND,152 DMG, Value:1999 caps) but when examining the drone cannon in the Wanderer's inventory, it will show its true statistics e.g. 3/4 CND,129 DMG, Value:1357 caps. [verified]
- Xbox 360 If one equips a drone cannon while wearing Enclave Tesla armor, the coils on the back of the chest piece will disappear. [verified]
Sounds[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game Of The Year Edition p. 104: "Ripped from the mechanical body of an Alien Drone encountered throughout Mothership Zeta, this fires orb-like projectiles that bounce off walls and scenery and explode after around three seconds. It uses Alien Power Modules as ammunition. It inflicts two types of damage: collision (when the orb strikes a foe) and explosive (when the orb detonates). This can be extremely deadly once you learn when to fire, and how the orbs interact. It can fire over Alien Sphere Shields too, acting a little like a grenade."