It visually differs from the regular scientist glove, in that it is a darker color and bears a skull badge. When using this glove in combat, it emits a small electronic pulse, much like that of the LAER. On successful hits, the weapon has an object effect called "MADNESS!!!", which reduces the target's Energy Weapons skill and Perception significantly. "Mad Science Attack!" is the critical effect that causes knockback and frenzies enemies on a Critical Hit. Combined with its high critical multiplier, the frenzy effect makes it very useful as a crowd control weapon. However, the frenzy effect also effects friendly targets that are hit, including companions once they are fired.
V.A.T.S. Special AttacksEdit
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
|Stomp||50||112||20||5.6||Only on knocked down enemies|
|Cross||75||61.6||20||3.08||2.5x damage to limbs|
- Note: Unarmed weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
Dr. Mobius' glove can successfully strike about 495 times from full condition before breaking.
- Scientist glove - The common variant found in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Corrosive glove - A semi-unique variant found in the Z-43 innovative toxins plant and on a unique spore plant, Dionaea Muscipula, near the Signal Hills transmitter.
- Sterilizer glove - A semi-unique red version of this glove. It is found just behind a barrier in the Y-17 medical facility and on Super-Ego.
- Dr. Klein's glove - A unique variant found in Higgs Village, in house #101.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Dr. Klein's glove||34||46.4||-5 EW/30s|
|Dr. Mobius' glove||28||38.2||-5 EW/30s|
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Scoring a critical hit on a companion and then dismissing them may cause the frenzy effect to initiate upon arrival of the location they were dismissed to, leading to them to attack and potentially kill nearby NPCs, should there be any.
- When worn along with Dr. Mobius' glasses and scrubs, a challenge called "Mobius Strip" for wearing his full set of apparel is completed, earning the Courier 100 XP.
- On the top of the glove inside the hexagon, a human skull can be seen.