|For an overview of shotgun models in various games, see shotgun.|
|The following is based on Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and is not canon.|
A shotgun, also called a "scattergun," is a firearm designed to shoot a multitude of lead or steel balls of varying sizes, greatly increasing the weapon's hit potential. This makes it very effective at hunting game.[Fallout 2d20 1] However, the accuracy and power found at close range starts to diminish as the target gets farther away. Shotguns designed for the military's use are often called "combat shotguns."
It's really powerful weapon through much of the game, especially with anyone with high Critical Chance, but it uses far too much ammunition.
- Carbon Town Center, available from Jesse.
- Carbon West, in a footlocker.
- Los Bridge West, can be bought from Hieronymous.
- Los Docks Holding Pens, can be purchased from Salieri.
- FOBOS Manual page 25, "Guns"
- Fallout 2d20 Rulebook p. 98: "Before the Great War, double-barrel shotguns were mainly used for hunting and home defense, and this has changed little. They are break-action and come in an either a side-by-side or over-and-under barrel configuration. Simple to make and maintain, these shotguns are seen frequently in the Commonwealth and the rest of the wasteland."