One of the entries in Reilly's terminal implies that he frequently fights with Brick. According to Reilly's terminal, Donovan was also either a member of the Brotherhood of Steel or at least a contact of theirs before joining Reilly's Rangers.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 47|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Reilly's Rangers: Donovan holds Donovan's wrench, a quest item used for repairing the elevator in the Statesman Hotel. If Donovan survives at the end of the quest, he will return to the Ranger compound where he can repair the player character's gear for less than the cost other merchants would charge.
Effects of player's actions
- After completing the Reilly's Rangers quest, one may encounter Donovan while traveling through the Capital Wasteland. Soon after, he appears to be engaging in a firefight against three super mutants. When spoken to, he will either thank the Lone Wanderer for their assistance (if one helped him kill the super mutants) or lightly chastise them for just watching the fight (if one did not assist him or talk to him before the super mutants appeared). Regardless, he will give the player character a mini nuke and say that Reilly sent him (if he is killed, the mini nuke will be on his corpse). After speaking with the Lone Wanderer, Donovan will make his way back to the Ranger compound.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Ranger battle armor
Ranger battle helmet*
|Chinese assault rifle||Donovan's wrench|
- * Donovan is the only member of Reilly's Rangers who wears the Ranger battle helmet.
- "Hey there. Donovan at your service. You break it, I fix it."
- "Oh wow, Reilly snapped out of her slump now that you're mapping for the Rangers. Now we go out and kick ass like the old days. Ooh-rah!"
- "Wonderful. What the hell am I going to do with less than 50 shots? That barely fills this puppy up. Come on, kid."
Donovan appears only in Fallout 3.
If Donovan dies in the random encounter, the rest of the Rangers may turn hostile. [verified]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide p. 432: "Donovan
Currently trapped with Brick and Butcher, Donovan is 27, and the team 's technical specialist. He's an expert at hacking, repairs, and electronics. He is a smaller man, but his build is deceptive, and he can fight as well as the rest of the team."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide)