Background[edit | edit source]
Despite his current affair with his secretary, Angie Beckers, and his involvement with the operations of the Great Khans, Don is highly protective of his household and family. He and his wife purchased weapons to keep themselves safe from burglars, a threat that has become more apparent ever since their single-minded daughter Alice ran off with Andy Scabb to North Vegas Square. This has made her father worried she herself has been pulled into illegal activity.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
Effects of the player's actions[edit | edit source]
If the Courier kills his wife or daughter, he will not talk to them and say "I should kill you right here, for what you've done" when interacted with. This makes it impossible to complete Aba Daba Honeymoon.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
He will cut short inquiries about work, telling the Courier to go away and speak to Alice McLafferty.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- At night, Don will not be found at the Crimson Caravan camp. He can instead be found at his home down the road from the camp.
- On rare occasions, Don may be killed during his commute between work and home, as his neighborhood is considered part of the wasteland, and Fiends may randomly spawn in the area around it (especially during the night). This only occurs if the Courier is in the same active map cell as Don while he is traveling between locations.
- E-Mails from his Average locked terminal in the main offices suggests that Don Hostetler is having an affair with his secretary. In computer messages she describes having a "wonderful time last night," and she is apparently scouring the markets for pre-War lingerie.
- The Courier can talk to Don about his daughter, but he will only reply, "I really don't have time for this now."
- If Don refuses to speak with the Courier due to their role in his family's death, a potential workaround is to approach him when he is sleeping and punch him. He will wake up and say "Hey what was that for?" then a chat option should appear.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Don Hostetler appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
References[edit | edit source]