|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
The Dome tunnels is the 4th sub-level of the Boulder Dome. This area of the dome is not accessible to the Prisoner until they are at least to part 2 of the game. This level is toxic and irradiated. The only way to survive here is by wearing an environmental suit like the members of the infected scientist team are wearing.
The layout description is in accordance with the numbered picture to the right:
- 1: Water storage - A series of tanks; one of the tanks can be broken into and used as a tunnel to the secret entrance.
- 2: Not mentioned
- 3: Robobrain rechargers - Put here to guard the access elevator to the ZAX Mainframe.
- 4: Not mentioned
- 5: Sleeper chambers - Rows and rows of sleeper tanks; only one room is actually accessible to Prisoner.
- 6: Another sleeper chamber
- 7: Think Tank - Brains in the aquarium; these were the early people who tested with CODE.
- 8: Reactor access - Here's where the Prisoner can fiddle with the main reactor for the dome, and even fix it if they're skilled enough.
- 9: Purification center - Handles water, air, and temperature; flooded with toxic gas (damaged).
- 10: Morgue - Many dead bodies with brains extracted, dating to pre-War times; some are in better shape than others.
- 11: Not mentioned
- E: Exit/Elevator - Bottom right corner exit leads to the ZAX level; the one near the center leads back up to the Boulder Dome level 3.