It is a single story building with a living room, clinic area, kitchen, bedroom, restroom, and small storage room. The living room houses the Vit-o-matic Vigor Tester which is used to assign SPECIAL points in the Ain't That a Kick in the Head quest.
In the clinic room, there is a chemistry set. With a Science skill of 25, the player character can either create 5 stimpaks or some chems. To the right of the chemistry set is a broken 9mm submachine gun. It can't be picked up, but it can be moved. With a Repair skill of 25, the player character can fix the weapon and it will be added to their inventory.
- Inside a metal box is a laser pistol along with a random amount of energy cells.
- A Today's Physician is located on a bench near the operating table.
- Some stimpaks and doctor's bags are located on a table next to the Vigor-Tester machine.
- There is a broken 9mm submachine gun that can be repaired (skill of 25 required), on top of a Sunset Sarsaparilla crate.
- If using the chemistry set to create drugs you will receive 1 of each of Psycho, Buffout, Mentats, Steady, and Rebound.
- Outside of Doc Mitchell's house flies the state flag of Nevada, which is the only flag of such appearing in the game.
- The items in Doc Mitchell's house are not marked as owned, so the player character can't force hostility before character creation is complete.
- The bed in which the player character wakes up on at the beginning of the game and Doc Mitchell's personal bed are the only things in Mitchell's house that are "owned."
- If Run Goodsprings Run is completed and Joe Cobb is still alive, Cobb will reside in the house.
Doc Mitchell's house appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
Doc Mitchell's house is situated in the same real world location as Goodsprings Community Church in Goodsprings, Nevada and look similar architecturally.