It is a single story building with a living room, clinic area, kitchen, bedroom, restroom, and small storage room. The living room houses the Vit-o-matic Vigor Tester which is used to assign SPECIAL points in the Ain't That a Kick in the Head quest.
In the clinic room you can find a chemistry set. With a Science skill of 25, you can either create 5 stimpaks or some chems. To the right of the chemistry set is a broken 9mm submachine gun. It can't be picked up but can be moved. You can interact with it and, with a Repair skill of 25, you can fix the weapon and it will be added to your inventory.
- Inside a metal box is a laser pistol along with a random amount of energy cells.
- A Today's Physician is located on a bench near the operating table.
- Some stimpaks and doctor's bags are located on a table next to the Vigor-Tester machine.
- There is a broken 9mm submachine gun that can be repaired (skill of 25 required), on top of a Sunset Sarsaparilla crate.
- If using the chemistry set to create drugs you will receive 1 of each of Psycho, Buffout, Mentats, Steady, and Rebound.
- Outside of Doc Mitchell's house flies the state flag of Nevada, with Southwest Commonwealth printed underneath the seal.
- The items in Doc Mitchell's house are not marked as owned so the player character can't force hostility before character creation is complete.
- The bed which the player character wakes up on at the beginning of the game and Doc Mitchell's personal bed are the only things in Mitchell's house that are "owned."
- If Run Goodsprings Run is completed and Joe Cobb is still alive, Cobb will reside in the house.
Doc Mitchell's house appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
Doc Mitchell's house is situated in the same real world location as Goodsprings Community Church in Goodsprings, Nevada and look similar architecturally.