The displacer glove creates a shock wave upon impact, pushing a target back. It possibly accomplishes this via a sonic blast, shown by the speaker on the knuckle.
V.A.T.S. Special Attacks
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
|Stomp||50||200||20||10||Only on knocked down enemies|
|Cross||75||110||20||5.5||2.5x damage to limbs|
- Note: Unarmed weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
The displacer glove can successfully strike about 495 times from full condition before breaking.
- Pushy - Unique variant.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
+20 Power armor
+20 Power armor
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Caesar's Legion safehouse - Can be found inside with patch 126.96.36.199x.
- Hidden Valley bunker - Can be purchased from Knight Torres, and is also carried by many of the scribes.
- Hoover Dam - Can be purchased from Bardon on the office levels.
- Mick & Ralph's - Can be purchased from Mick.
- Great Khan armory - Can be purchased from Great Khan armorer.
- The Fort - Used by Caesar inside his tent.
- Crimson Caravan Company - Occasionally sold by Blake.
- Gun Runners - Occasionally sold by the vendortron.
- Despite a small energy cell being clearly visible in the glove, it does not require any ammunition, just like the ballistic fist which has a built-in shotgun.
- If the player character has the Ranger Takedown perk, when performing the leg sweep, the same wave of energy is created when the leg comes into contact with the target even though the fist isn't technically used, which is visible in the third-person view.
- The shock wave blast of the glove is similar to that of a Gauss rifle.
Behind the scenes
Sometime before release, displacer gloves, as well as many other fists, were supposed to use energy cells as ammunition, but it wasn't supported by the game engine and there was not enough time for implementation.