“My message to you has been delivered, and I've got other places to be.”
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
Effects of player's actions
After speaking to the Courier, he will run to Cottonwood Cove and disappear from the map.
Roving trader hat
|Machete||Food, water, various Legion-approved chems|
- The frumentarius may appear near the player character at various locations, including the railroads near HELIOS One, the 188 Trading Post, near Cottonwood Cove, and at Powder Ganger camp south.
- If he approaches through hostile areas of the wasteland, he may be killed before he can contact the Courier and initiate the quests.
- Despite being disguised, he will still be attacked on sight by enemies of the Legion, such as NCR troopers.
- "The Legion is aware of your mercenary ways and has decided to encourage you work for us rather than against us. I've provided you the location of a drop box. Every few days, we'll place Legion coin inside. "
- "Though you aren't of the Legion, you've aided us more than once. We acquire many items on our raids, some useless to us, some forbidden. I've provided you the location of a drop box where you can obtain these items. The box will be replenished every few days. Please be aware that we'll assume any items left in the box will be unwanted and be removed and destroyed."
- "My message to you has been delivered, and I've got other places to be."
The disguised frumentarius appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
The frumentarius may never appear in the game at all, even if the Courier has a positive Legion reputation. [verified]
- player.placeleveledactoratme 15d42f. This will clone the frumentarius and place him where you are, allowing you to talk to him. A possible fix for this bug may be to use the console command
- prid 164ed0, disable, enable, resurrect, moveto player and player.moveto 164ed0, in that order. This will revive the frumentarius and place him where you are, allowing you to talk to him. Other possible fix for this bug may be to use the console commands