The motel rooms contain basics such as a bed, sofa, table, and chairs. Within the main room is also a television and assorted containers. In the bathroom is a first aid box, a toilet, and a sink. The water supply is irradiated, healing HP in exchange for five rads.
The room to the very left on the upper level can be rented from Jeannie May Crawford for 100 caps or obtained for free with a reputation of "Accepted" in Novac. Bruce Isaac and Daisy Whitman stay in rooms on the upper level. Manny Vargas and Craig Boone rent rooms on the lower level.
If Jeannie May Crawford is killed, the room can be acquired from Cliff Briscoe instead. A reputation of "Accepted" in Novac is required for Cliff Briscoe to offer the Dino Dee-lite motel room key. He can be found at the Dino Bite gift shop during the day or in the bungalow nearest to his shop at night.
- Sleeping on the bed in the motel room will heal all damaged or crippled limbs in hardcore mode. In addition, the bed also provides the Well Rested perk, resulting in +10% XP for a limited time.
- There are numerous containers in the room, all of which are safe for storage, making this room an excellent place to organize a huge inventory of items.
- There are also two empty footlockers under the floor of the room, one between the bed and the door to Novac, and one next to the bathroom door. They can be seen (and used) only with the tcl console command.
- There is a poster of the Washington D.C.'s Museum of Technology in Bruce Isaac's motel room.
The Dino Dee-lite motel room appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Storage is not always flagged as safe and items may disappear if left for too long a period.[verified]
- Xbox 360 Items left outside a container may also disappear if left unattended or out in the open.[verified]
- PC There is a chance that items can be stolen by NPCs that enter the room.[verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Sometimes the motel may not load correctly and all that can be seen are several floating doors and wooden planks.[verified]