A natural landmark formed out of Tuscarora Sandstone endemic to West Virginia, the backbone sits just off Route 107, east of Huntersville, and was a popular hiking destination.
The formation is a landmark and an orientation point, with limited loot at the derelict camping spots below the flagpole, along the peak, and in the military graves near the pond by the bridge. It's located along Route 107.
- Holotapes and Notes
- Notice of expulsion - Note, in the back of the vehicle next to the red Zip car.
- Trappers' warning - Holotape, at the abandoned raider campsite northeast of the location, on top of a wooden crate under one of the makeshift awnings.
- Trappers note - Note, nailed to a wooden board at the abandoned raider campsite northeast of the location.
- Other loot
- Stealth Boy - On a cinderblock near the top of the cliff, next to a skeleton in a chair.
- Military ammo bag - On the ground near the ruined green tent.
Devil's Backbone appears only in Fallout 76.