Background[edit | edit source]
A particularly rough and nasty person, Dermot puts on the persona of a hardworking and honorable prospector working salvage around New Vegas that likes to just relax on his off days. Both Dermot and his partner, Saint James, rent rooms at the Casa Madrid Apartments in Westside, but Dermot does not engage the services of any of the prostitutes there, unlike his partner. However, the reality of the situation is that Dermot and Saint James are prospectors turned slavers who have been kidnapping and enslaving refugees around the Aerotech Office Park area for little over a year and selling them to the Fiends for a profit.
Dermot has a particular mind for keeping his business profits straight and always updates a ledger on the businesses he's done before with prospecting and now (unwisely) for slaves. Along with documenting profits, Dermot also writes notes to himself about how to improve his craft, how to keep Saint James from getting to the children, and any other situations of note.
On one particular case, Dermot and James had stolen a teddy bear from a little girl they kidnapped. Dermot bribed James with the bear as a means to keep his hands off the kids, as the Fiends want their goods fresh to sell for a higher price. The loss of that particular girl, however, has made Captain Parker concerned about the people that leave the Aerotech Office Park camp.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Coyotes: Dermot, in part with Saint James, has been enslaving refugees from the Aerotech Office Park.
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- Confronting either Dermot or Saint James with Dermot's ledger will result in both becoming hostile. The player character can kill them without any interference from Westside residents.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Don't believe everything you hear. Me and Saint James earn our caps working salvage."
- "Like I told you, we work salvage. We aren't coyotes. And like I told you, fuck off."
- "I got nothing you need. If it's ass you're looking for, talk to Pretty Sarah."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Dermot appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
References[edit | edit source]
- The Courier: "I hear you and your partner are coyotes."
Dermot: "Don't believe everything you hear. Me and Saint James earn our caps working salvage. It's hard work, so when I'm not working I like to relax. Which means it's time for you to fuck off."
- The Courier: "Do you know Saint James?"
Sweetie: "Saint James is my number one customer. He's a prospector who pays Marco to stay here at the Casa week-to-week. I don't know why his friend Dermot chose to stay here - he's never been with me or nobody else. But Saint James likes having me close at hand."
- The Courier: "Tell me about Dermot."
Marco: "Roughneck prospector is all I hear, good at what he does. Been renting a room here for a year or so - nothing special."
- Dermot's ledger
- The Coyotes