|For a cross-game overview of this perk, see Demolition Expert.|
The perk increases the damage dealt by all explosions by 20% with the first rank, with subsequent ranks each adding 10%, up to a maximum of 60% with rank five. It affects most thrown grenades, mines, explosive weapons and weapons with the Explosive legendary effect. However, it only affects the primary damage type of a weapon. For example, a grenade that deals two types of damage only has its primary damage increased. This also means the perk does not affect the damage of pulse mines and pulse grenades, as they only deal secondary energy damage.
|1||Your explosives do +20% damage.||003440B0|
|2||Your explosives do +30% damage.||003440B3|
|3||Your explosives do +40% damage.||003440B4|
|4||Your explosives do +50% damage.||003440B5|
|5||Your explosives do +60% damage.||003440B6|
‡ With explosive arrows only
The perk needs to be equipped and active in order to craft certain types of explosives, as well as the laser tripwire.
|1||Baseball grenade, fragmentation grenade, fragmentation mine, smoke grenade, flare, laser tripwire|
|2||Dynamite, Nuka grenade|
|3||Cryo mine, cryogenic grenade, dynamite bundle, floater flamer grenade, floater freezer grenade, floater gnasher grenade, fragmentation grenade MIRV, pulse grenade, pulse mine|
|4||Nuka Quantum grenade, plasma grenade, plasma mine|
- The perk increases the damage dealt by the following legendary perks: Collateral Damage, Detonation Contagion, Exploding Palm and Far-Flung Fireworks.
- It also affects the Electrically Charged and Unstable Isotope mutations.
- It also increases the damage dealt by built turrets.
Behind the scenes
- Although the perk card art for Demolition Expert depicts remote explosives, these weapons are not available in the game.
- Prior to Fallout 76 patch 18.104.22.168, the damage bonuses provided by each rank of the Demolition Expert perk were +20%/40%/60%/80%/100%, but afterwards were reduced to +20%/30%/40%/50%/60% to match other weapon perk damage bonuses.