A synth who escaped with the Railroad's help, Dejen witnessed their slaughter but managed to evade his pursuers and make his way down to Acadia. He is concerned about security - the refuge is only as safe as it is hidden from the prying eyes of the Institute.
Unlike most of his comrades who accept DiMA's judgment of the Sole Survivor's trustworthiness and treat them kindly, Dejen is highly suspicious of the newcomer and makes no effort to hide it. Successfully completing the quest he offers yields a grudging thanks from Dejen but doesn't change his overall unfriendly behavior afterward.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: weapons, ammo and general goods|
- Hunting the Hunter: Dejen wants an Institute Courser taken out of the equation.
- After completing The Arrival, Dejen tasks the Sole Survivor with hunting down a Courser that followed Chase to the Island all the way from the Commonwealth because she, as he puts it, "screwed up," thus starting the quest Hunting the Hunter.
- Dejen sells Old Reliable, a unique legendary lever-action rifle with the Two-shot weapon effect, and Sergeant Ash, a unique flamer with the Kneecapper effect.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Greaser jacket and jeans||Combat rifle||25x .45 round
3x Frag grenade
- "I don't need friends."
- "Acadia is only as secure as we make it. We take unnecessary risks, we get careless, and things can go bad. Fast."
- The Sole Survivor: "So, what's your story?"
Dejen: "I guess there's no harm in talking about it. I escaped the Institute, found the Railroad. They agreed to help get me out of the Commonwealth. Institute tracked them down, and slaughtered them all. Far as I know, I'm the only one who got away. So, I'm here to make sure it wasn't all for nothing."