|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and is not canon.|
Before the Great War, Kansas City was a major nuclear launch site. After the city was hit by the bombs, the silo staff survived, but were turned into ghouls, who formed a town called Gravestone in the ruins of the city. The ghouls formed a cult worshipping the only nuclear bomb left intact in the silo, which they called "Plutonius". The ghoul in charge of both the town and the ghouls' religion was called the Bishop and his name was Defcon the second, son of T-Minus.
Defcon is a particularly leathery ghoul, and like Harold, grows a little bonsai out the back of his head.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in missions.|
|This character appears in the following locations.|
- "Greetings. I am Defcon the second, son of T-minus, welcome to the holy land of Gravestone. Your Elder's want Plutonius, our idol of the supreme nuclear power. The mutants want Plutonius too, but they have no respect for our launch."
- "As Bishop of Gravestone, I am the sworn caretaker of the sacred idol of Plutonius. You wish to remove our idol to within the confines of the Brotherhood, yes? Well if you are mighty enough to stop the Pagan-Mutant threat to my flock, you may take our divine patron of atomic fission. Can I have a Hallenneutron?!!"
- "Blessed are those who understand the Divine Release of Charged Atomic Particles. For those who do not shall be plagued with incapacitation and forceful vomiting.'Welcome' to the radiant silos of Plutonius. Defend his irradiated flock of devoted gamma caretakers and be rewarded with an idol containing his heavenly fire. Take these. For His power is harmful to mere humans."
- "And Plutonius said to Atom, "He who collides with another particle will, in turn, split the air asunder with shimmering power until his enemies are vanquished!!! By purging our lands of the decadent, you will prove yourself worthy of taking the sacred mortal form, of our god "Plutonius", and deliver the flesh of my mighty Lord to your "Bunker of the Holy Brotherhood! This is how He decrees His Will be done!"
- "Like a creature born of mass and energy, you have exploded onto the blasphemers' ranks, separating flesh and bone like so many unstable positrons from the decaying quantum! I now entrust the flesh of my savior, the Lord of Internal Confinement Fission, the Sultan of Lattice Spaced Neutrinos, to you, "Avatar of Irradiated Steel. May the "Ever Contaminating" watch over you and guide your hand."
- "Woe be to the Holy Flock who suffers Unrighteous Wrath in spite of the Brotherly Shielding offered. And My Lord will tremble with terrible fury at the Untimely Death of his Children. In spite of your inability to completely protect us, it is now His will to entrust you with His mortal shell containing His fiery, godly essence. May the "Ever Contaminating" watch over you and guide your fumbling hand."
Defcon appears only in Fallout Tactics.
Behind the scenes
DEFCON is an acronym standing for DEFenses readiness CONdition. It is a scale matched to severity of military situations that is used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff and commanders of unified commands. The scale goes from 5 to 1 where 5 is the standard peace-time readiness, and 1 is an imminent attack on American soil with WMDs. During the '50s, DEFCON 1 was supposed to precede an all-out nuclear attack.