|For an overview of all gauntlets in the Fallout series of games, see Gauntlets.|
This is the strongest unarmed weapon in terms of damage. Attacks with this gauntlet disregard Damage Resistance from any type of armor, due to its armor-piercing ability and it has x5 critical chance multiplier. With 5 or more Luck and the Ninja perk, this gauntlet will always score a critical hit.
The deathclaw gauntlet can successfully strike about 600 times from full condition before breaking.
- Schematics can be obtained from Bannon in Rivet City after completing the unmarked quest Council Seat in his favor.
- John Bear, one of the Bear Brothers, after the second battle in The Hole. An already-crafted deathclaw gauntlet can be found on the body of
- At the F. Scott Key Trail & Campground, there is a schematic inside a trailer next to a dead wastelander.
- Can be found in a unique type A random encounter: A wounded deathclaw stalking a wastelander. The wastelander carries deathclaw gauntlet schematics and is dead when one gets to him.
The deathclaw gauntlet is made out of a deathclaw's hand, a medical brace for extra structure, a leather belt to render the hand rigid (and as a handle for the user's hand) and wonderglue to hold it all together. Deathclaw gauntlet schematics are needed to build it.
Leather belt (1)
Medical brace (1)
Deathclaw hand (1)
Deathclaw gauntlet (1)
- Comparing the size of a deathclaw gauntlet with that of a deathclaw's hand, the gauntlet appears to be much smaller.
- A deathclaw hand dropped from inventory will be the Left Hand while the Deathclaw Gauntlet is the Right Hand.
- Though an unarmed weapon, this weapon has the same quick-select symbol and makes the same sound as a melee weapon when equipped, because the equip type was set to "MeleeWeapons."
- The deathclaw gauntlet weighs twice as much as all of the components used to craft it: deathclaw hand = 1lb, medical brace = 2lbs, leather belt = 1lb, and wonderglue = 1lb, yet deathclaw gauntlet = 10lbs.
- When the hand is taken from a corpse of a deathclaw, the deathclaw still retains both hands.
- The deathclaw hand in the finished model of the weapon appears to have a lighter skin color than the normal deathclaw hand.
- When blocking with this weapon in first-person, the gauntlet fills up the whole screen.
- When switching to the deathclaw gauntlet from a plasma rifle, the player character's left hand will remain slightly open, unlike the usually closed fist. Blocking will cancel this effect.