| ||For an overview of deathclaw eggs in the Fallout series of games, see deathclaw egg.|
Deathclaw eggs are the unhatched offspring of deathclaws. They have a brownish-red shell which appears to have cracks and small fissures all around it. They are about the size of the player's torso, and with a weight of 7 lbs. they are one of the heaviest items dropped by creatures, but are worth an impressive 400 caps, giving them a high value-to-weight ratio and making them a highly valuable loot item.
Deathclaw eggs can also be used to complete a portion of the quest Bleed Me Dry. Rather than finding the quest-specific "pile of deathclaw eggs," the player character may instead gather a dozen deathclaw eggs. Once the Courier has obtained the required 12 eggs, they will be removed from their inventory and replaced with the "pile of deathclaw eggs" item.
- Three deathclaw eggs can be found near the back of Quarry Junction in a cave that is guarded by the deathclaw alpha male and the deathclaw mother.
- Three can be found at the very end of the deathclaw promontory.
- All types of deathclaws also have a random chance to have them in their inventory when killed.
- A few can be found in Dead Wind Cavern, guarded by a deathclaw mother.
- Rawr. - Dropped upon death by
Behind the scenesEdit
The existence of hard-shelled eggs confirms deathclaws to be oviparous, which is interesting in light of their origin as mutated Jackson's chameleons, which are ovoviparous, meaning they incubate their eggs within their body. They are not, however, viviparous, meaning they bear their young live, as humans are.