The death tambo is a weaponized tambourine that has been modified with spikes and a grip. It jingles whenever it is thrust.
Death tambo Lv 45 (1)
Death tambo Lv 35 (1)
Death tambo Lv 25 (1)
|No customization||No customization||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||00460736|
|Slay Bells||Slay Bells.||Slay Bells||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Steel x2||0046073A|
- Can be acquired from Rose's questline at Top of the World.
- Can be crafted from weapons workbenches after the plan is learned.
- Can sometimes be found at the Sons of Dane compound, alongside the other two musical weapons.
- This is one of three musical instrument-based weapons, with the others being war drums and the guitar sword.
- Similar to the instrument weapons above, a playable death tambo was planned but is unused. The animation of playing it can still be found in the files.
Behind the scenes
The death tambo was designed by lead artist Nathan Purkeypile. He created it during an internal game jam as part of a series of the "instruments of death." When he shared the project with an audio director, the director recorded sound effects for the weapon on his own tambourine, and thus the death tambo made its way into the final game.