Dean Dewey is now the head disciplinarian, programmed to fill the role of Principal at the Roosevelt Academy. It can be seen patrolling the halls, making sure students are not out of class without a pass. Much like other robots encountered in Fallout 3, Dean Dewey is apparently unaware that the Great War has occurred and will go about its schedule as if nothing has happened when activated.
Interactions with the player character
|This character has no special interactions.|
- The Lone Wanderer can activate Dean Dewey by hacking the Headmaster's terminal. Subsequently, he will wander the corridors and attack any hostiles. If he challenges the Wanderer for a hall pass, then they can use either the Child at Heart or Robotics Expert perk to talk their way out. If their Intelligence is 3 or less, they will be called a "special needs" child and be escorted to a classroom.
- He is prone to death due to the large abundance of super mutants occupying the area.
- Dean Dewey's special dialogue for player characters with 3 Intelligence or less is similar to the Fallout and Fallout 2, which had special conversations for it (IN < 4).
- "Ten demerits! Back to class with you, rapscallion!" – Dean's response to the Lone Wanderer persuading that they lost their hall pass. (Child at Heart)
- "Special needs students must be chaperoned at all times. Allow me to escort you back to class, child."
- "Good morning! It's a great day at Roosevelt High School!"
Dean Dewey appears only in Fallout 3.