|For other prospectors in the Fallout series of games, see prospector.|
Prospectors are scavengers who roam the wastes for various items of interest. Many dead prospectors can be found around the Mojave in different locations, typically carrying armor, a gun, its corresponding ammunition, casings, a melee weapon, some form of an aid item and occasionally some Caravan cards.
Interactions with the player character
|This character has no special interactions.|
- Two dead prospectors that are wearing remnants power armor and T-51b power armor respectively, at the deathclaw promontory.
- Several dead prospectors are found at the Prospector's Den.
- One is found in the Black Rock cave.
- A dead prospector can be found at the Devil's Throat.
- A random loot spawning dead prospector can be found in a holding cell inside of the Nevada Highway Patrol station.
- A second random loot spawning dead prospector is found inside of Nipton Hall on the assembly hall level.
- One carrying a Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap can be found in the middle of scorpion gulch. Two more can be found by traveling east through a pass.
- One can be found at the Cottonwood crater with a Fat Man.
- One can be found with a key to a locked gate in the Searchlight North gold mine.
- One is found by proceeding north-northeast from the water tower in Goodsprings Cemetery, it is inside one of the radscorpion nests nearby in the small alcoves along the cliff wall.
- Two dead prospectors are found in the unmarked location Bootjack Cavern.
- One is found in the sealed sewers with the Humble Cudgel.
- A dead prospector's loot will either be preset or will randomly generate items based on the game's difficulty and the player character's level.
- The one located in Black Rock cave carries the unique weapon the Paladin Toaster. Another one found at the Devil's Throat is carrying the CZ57 Avenger, a unique minigun.
Dead prospectors appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.