One has approximately 10 seconds from when the collar starts beeping to find and disable the radio or back away out of range.
Radios have a signal range of 8 yards.
Disabling and avoiding radiosEdit
- Walking up to a radio and switching it off will end the danger.
- Radios can be destroyed from a distance by shooting them with ranged weapons or by throwing Spears at them.
- Difficult-to-find radios can often be disabled with grenades and other explosives, as they are extremely sensitive to damage.
- Some radios can simply be bypassed by moving quickly past them.
- Having Christine Royce as a companion will extend the time the Courier can remain near a radio without detonating the Dead Money collar.
- One in the Cantina Madrid
- One in the Executive suites
- One in the Villa police station
- One in the Tampico
- One in the Sierra Madre Casino & Resort
There are two types of radios that can be found around the Sierra Madre. HAM radios and luxury radios. HAM radios can be found in the police station and throughout the Villa. Luxury radios can be found mainly in the Hotel. Some can be difficult to find, but can be noticed by the glow of their frequency screen. Destroying a luxury radio will blow it in half, exposing its vacuum tubes.