A mild pre-War hallucinogenic drug, Day Tripper (stylized as Daytripper) was favored by Americans looking for a happy escape from reality. The resulting high made users more laid back and relaxing, though the tranquilizing effect made physical tasks more difficult to accomplish. It was quite popular among all social groups in pre-War America, helping society cope with the strain of the Sino-American War, food riots, and general dissolution of society across the nation.[Non-canon 1]
Day Tripper comes in a green bottle, with flowers and the word "Daytripper" printed on the label. Day Tripper increases the user's Charisma and Luck by three points while decreasing Strength by two points for 10 minutes. It also increases dehydration by 3%, and has a 15% chance of causing an addiction.
- One bottle can be found behind Green Country Lodge near a patio chair.
- Sold by Doc Stanley at The Whitespring Resort .
- Several can be found in the employees only section at the Palace of the Winding Path.
- One can be found left of the terminal at Big Bend Tunnel East.
- Up to two bottles can be found west of Riverside Manor on the elevated platform hosting Pulowski Preservation Shelters, next to a skeleton.
- Fallout 4 loading screens: "A pre-war chem favored by those looking for a "happy escape," Daytripper raises both Charisma and Luck, but lowers Strength, for a limited period of time."
- Fallout: The Roleplaying Game Rulebook p.167: "A mild pre-War relaxant and hallucinogen, Day Tripper was favored by Americans seeking a brief escape from reality. The resulting high made users more laid-back and relaxed, while also making them less inclined to exert themselves physically. It was popular amongst many social groups during the stresses of the Great War, food riots, and general societal problems in the years before the bombs fell."