|For the mentioned-only Brotherhood of Steel member in Fallout 4, see Dawes (Fallout 4).|
Background[edit | edit source]
Dawes claims he was originally the leader of a gang in the Hub back in New California. However, he was apprehended and sentenced to imprisonment in the correctional facility in the Mojave Wasteland for starting a riot. Dawes will grant access to the NCR Correctional Facility to a character who has a sufficient reputation with the Powder Gangers in exchange for 100 caps. Alternatively, assisting Joe Cobb in Run Goodsprings Run will earn free access to the facility.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- Wearing faction armor to overcome low reputation with the Powder Gangers is ineffective with Dawes, as he will note that he doesn't recognize the wearer as somebody with whom he served time and will still demand the entrance fee of 100 caps. After the fee is paid, Dawes will see through the faction disguise and attack. Killing Dawes at this point will not make the others hostile unless it also triggers a reputation drop to vilified.
- Without any special Sneak skill, it is possible to achieve Hidden status beside or behind Dawes and pickpocket his NCRCF visitor's center key. As the key is marked with no weight or value, pickpocketing the key will never fail (unlike with Dawes' other possessions) as long as the Courier is hidden. There is no Karma loss for this, nor for using the key on the door.
- He will greet a female character more 'politely' than a male character.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Powder Gang guard armor||.357 Magnum revolver||Bottle caps
Case, .357 Magnum
NCRCF visitor's center key
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Me? I ran with the toughest gang in the Hub. You've heard of the Hub, right? It's, uh, west of here, I think, back in California."
- "That's us. We got sent here to fix the rails and make some new ones, and for that we got to use dynamite. Of course, dynamite works pretty good against caravan guards, too. So, that's what we do - rob and blow things up."
- "Okay, I know I wasn't serving time with no girl, or I'd have heard about it. You come to play with the Powder Gangers?" – dialogue for a female character wearing Powder Ganger gear
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Dawes appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.