|For other characters named Dave in the Fallout series, see Dave.|
|The following is based on Van Buren and is not canon.|
Farmer Dave is a tall man in his late forties with an average build. He enjoys growing things, so it was a natural fit for Farmer Dave to be put in charge of Downtown's agriculture.
Farmer Dave has also been put in charge of finding a way to expand the crops so Hoover would have more to trade and an abundance of food for the locals. Farmer Dave has determined that the only way to do that is to turn the Skum Pits into a hydroponics farm. The only problem with that is that there are many dangerous creatures in the Scum Pits, as well as toxic pools and a lack of building materials.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
- Clear out critters in Scum Pits for possible hydroponics lab: Governor Dodge has ordered Dave to produce more wheat and corn, but Dave lacks the necessary space to grow them. The Scum Pits would a viable option, however, there is the matter of the critters currently residing there to deal with. Dave will ask the Prisoner's to rid the facility of them.
- Successfully get regular shipments from Denver for materials to build hydroponics lab in Scum Pits: Even though the critters are gone from the Scum Pits, Dave still needs to fix the holes leaking toxic waste and regular shipments of materials to actually build the hydroponics facility. The Prisoner can source the materials and arrange an agreement with either of the local caravan companies.
Effects of player's actions
- If nothing is done to Successfully Negotiate Peace between NCR and BOS, the population of the Downtown area will half by Act II, the crops will have died and Dave is nowhere to be found.
- If the Prisoner tells Billy-Bob about Mary-Joe being a prostitute he will lead the trogs into a battle in Downtown. The crops are lost during the conflict and Dave is nowhere to be found.
- Hoover Dam design document/2 - Farmer Dave
- Hoover Dam design document/1 - Farming Crops
- Hoover Dam design document/4 - Clear out critters in Scum Pits for possible hydroponics lab
- Hoover Dam design document/4 - Successfully get regular shipments from Denver for materials to build hydroponics lab in Scum Pits
- Hoover Dam design document/5 - Room for Improvement - Downtown