Daily Ops are a gameplay feature in Fallout 76, introduced in the One Wasteland For All update. Using the game's instancing technology, Daily Ops aim to provide challenging, randomized, and repeatable dungeon-clearing missions for experienced players. Daily Ops are rotated every day at 12:00pm EST.
Daily Ops take place in an instanced dungeon, randomized each day at 12:00pm EST. They can be completed solo or with teammates in groups of up to four. If the mission is successfully completed, the participants will be rewarded according to their completion time. The operation is repeatable, though certain rewards may only be available once per day.
The objectives, locations, enemies and their mutations are randomized each day. Enemy mutations are powerful effects, exclusive to hostiles in Daily Ops, which have a significant impact on gameplay. Some mutations cause enemies to always detect sneaking players, while others grant healing abilities.
Daily Ops will provide greater rewards if they are quickly completed, detailed in the after-action report. There are three tiers for each level of rewards: Initiate (16 minutes or less), Knight (12 minutes or less) and Elder (8 minutes or less). Each tier offers its own pool of rewards. Completing which Elder time in the first Op of the day will reward all 3 pools - Initiate, Knight and Elder. The rare Daily Ops item rewards may only be obtained once each per day.
* Received only if plan not already learned.
Note that attaining a higher tier will reward items from lists of all previous tiers provided those tiers weren't already earned. For example, earning "Elder" rank will reward Elder, Paladin, and Initiate rewards, if those tiers haven't already been earned.
|Piercing Gaze||Activate a signal repeater and calibrate uplinks before drawing out an enemy leader by eliminating its forces.|
|Decryption||Savage Strike||Disable radio interceptors by taking down Code Carriers.|
|The Burning Mine||The Burrows||Valley Galleria|
|Vault 94||Vault 96||Watoga Civic Center|
|West Tek research center|
|Blood Eagles||Mothman cultists||Mole miners|
|Active Camouflage||Enemies will be cloaked when not attacking. They may be revealed while reloading, and may occasionally attack while cloaked.|
|Freezing Touch||Enemy attacks will freeze players, slowing them down considerably if damaged in succession. Freezing stacks wear off gradually after a few seconds, although taking additional hits will increase the duration as well as the magnitude. All animations are slowed, including stimpaks, attack rates and reload rates.|
|Piercing Gaze||Enemies have greatly enhanced perception of players, and will automatically detect nearby players, regardless of their stealth.|
|Resilient||Enemies can only be killed by a melee attack. Once down to their last hit point, they will glow orange to represent only a melee attack can finish them off. Only melee attacks, weapon bashing, and the Hack and Slash perk qualify as melee attacks.|
|Volatile||Enemies will explode on death, dealing damage. Human enemies, such as Blood Eagles or Super Mutants, will burst apart into gibs similar to the Bloody Mess perk.|
|Regenerating||Enemies heal nearby enemies (Enemies emit an aura that heals other enemies in the area.)|
|Toxic||Enemies create toxic hazards upon death (On death, enemies leave behind poisonous hazards.)|
|Swift||Enemies have increased movement speed.|
|Savage Strike||Enemies bypass armor resistances (Makes their attacks more deadly and causes them to ignore armor resistances.)|
- Once a Daily Op is completed, it may be explored and looted for 5 minutes before closing.
- There are currently over 48[verification needed] possible combinations for Daily Ops.
- Daily Ops enemies drop ammunition matching what is used by the player's ranged weapons at the time of their death.
- With the exception of Syringer ammo, paddle ball string, camera film, flares, (ultracite) fusion cores, (ultracite) plasma cores, mini nukes and missiles, every type of ammunition can be looted from enemies killed in Daily Ops.
- When using a melee weapon, or a weapon without a valid contextual ammo, enemies will drop a randomly selected ammo.
- Using the Daily Op Public Team will provide bonus XP during Daily Ops, with +25% bonus XP to start, and +100% bonus XP for a fully bonded, four-person team.
- Joining an instance is always possible, even if overencumbered. Upon completion (or failure) of the instance, one is returned to the last location fast traveled to prior to joining the instance.
- Even when the resilient modifier is in effect, it is still possible to kill super mutant suiciders with ranged attacks.
- Prior to patch 188.8.131.52, the Elder reward tier only had an 80% chance to grant a Daily Op item as opposed to being a guaranteed drop.
- Vaults 94 and 96 were originally part of the vault raids, introduced with Nuclear Winter, though vault raids were scrapped in favor of the broader Daily Ops feature.
Behind the scenes
- minigun shredder will not always count as a melee attack against Resilient enemies. If the enemy is being hit before their HP reaches 1, they will be killed as expected. If they are not hit by the shredder until after they reach 1 HP and begin glowing, they will not be killed by the shredder.[verified] The
- Pain Train perk does not count as a melee attack against Resilient enemies.[verified] The
- Sheepsquatch shard, do not count as a melee attacks against Resilient enemies.[verified] Thrown melee weapons, such as the
- Enemies with Active Camouflage may occasionally attack while stealthed, or may decloak while reloading or not attacking.[verified]
- the Burrows and Vault 94.[verified] Enemies may occasionally spawn out of bounds in
- Once a Daily Op is completed, the countdown timer to leave the instance may sometimes not appear.[verified]
- Valley Galleria is disabled during Daily Ops.[verified] The Muzak that normally plays in
- Icon resources
- Fallout 76: Inside the Vault – Daily Ops Preview
- Fallout 76: Inside the Vault – S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts, C.A.M.P. Slots, & More Coming to the PTS
- Daily Ops item: what we call the Daily Ops tiered rewards pools on Nukapedia.
- Regenerating foes may heal themselves.
- QuakeCon at Home 2020 (NL): Interview with Jeff Gardiner and Mark Tucker (reference starts at 0:33:10)
- Fallout 76: Daily Ops (Developer Gameplay)