Daily Ops are a gameplay feature in Fallout 76, introduced in the One Wasteland For All update. Using the game's instancing technology, Daily Ops aim to provide challenging, randomized and repeatable dungeon-clearing missions for experienced players. Daily Ops rotate every day at 1:00pm EST.
Daily Ops take place in an instanced dungeon, randomized each day. They can be completed solo or with teammates in groups of up to four. If the mission is successfully completed, the participants will be rewarded according to their completion time. The operation is repeatable, though certain rewards may only be available once per day.
The objectives, locations, enemies and their mutations are randomized each day. Enemy mutations are powerful effects, exclusive to hostiles in Daily Ops, which have a significant impact on gameplay. Some mutations cause enemies to always detect sneaking players, while others grant healing abilities.
The narrative of Daily Ops is light on the details but heavy on the action. Players complete various jobs for Vernon Dodge, a member of Appalachia's original Brotherhood of Steel, while he chats over a radio. Although Daily Ops are introduced into the plot during the quest Breaking Radio Silence, completion of the quest is not a requirement in order to join Daily Ops.
Daily Ops will provide greater rewards if they are quickly completed, detailed in the after-action report. There are three tiers based on completion time, each offering its own pool of rewards.
- Initiate (16 minutes or less)
- Paladin (12 minutes or less)
- Elder (8 minutes or less)
Note that attaining a higher tier will reward items from lists of all previous tiers, provided those tiers weren't already earned. For example, earning "Elder" rank on the first Op of that day will reward all 3 pools - Initiate, Paladin, and Elder. The rare Daily Ops item rewards may only be obtained once each per day. Following the release of Steel Reign, completing a Daily Op for the first time within Elder par time unlocks an achievement/trophy.
Note: Items marked with * may only be received if that plan has not already been learned.
Every aspect of Daily Ops is randomized to provide a unique, dynamic experience. On one day, players may be hunting down exploding Mothman cultists with armor penetrating attacks in order to deactivate signal interceptors around the Burrows. The next day may require players to set up uplinks around Watoga High School and survive a constant stream of fast-moving Scorched with automatic detection.
The upcoming second expansion will bring the total number of possible combinations to 980 for regular Daily Ops, and will introduce Double Mutation Weekends which offer 1,120 combinations.
|Uplink||Piercing Gaze||Activate a signal repeater and calibrate uplinks before drawing out an enemy leader by eliminating its forces.|
|Decryption||Savage Strike||Disable radio interceptors by taking down Code Carriers.|
|Arktos Pharma biome labs||The Burning Mine||The Burrows|
|Uncanny Caverns||Valley Galleria||Vault 94|
|Vault 96||Watoga Civic Center||Watoga High School|
|West Tek research center|
|Blood Eagles||Communists||Mothman cultists|
|Active Camouflage||Enemies will be cloaked when not attacking.||[note 1]|
|Freezing Touch||Enemy attacks will freeze players, slowing them down considerably if damaged in succession.||[note 2]|
|Group Regeneration||Enemies heal nearby enemies.||[note 3]|
|Piercing Gaze||Enemies have greatly enhanced perception of players, and will automatically detect nearby players, regardless of their stealth.||[note 4]|
|Resilient||Enemies can only be killed by a melee attack.||[note 5]|
|Savage Strike||Enemies bypass armor resistances.||[note 6]|
|Swift-Footed||Enemies have increased movement speed.||[note 7]|
|Toxic Blood||Enemies create toxic hazards upon death.||[note 8]|
|Volatile||Enemies will explode on death, dealing damage.||[note 9]|
Double Mutation Weekend community events are special, more challenging Daily Ops featuring enemies with a unique combination of two different Mutations - for a total of three. These Ops will typically be available every other weekend, from Thursday to Monday (1:00 PM EST).
These events offer additional incentives and rewards for the first and all subsequent Daily Ops playthroughs:
- Double XP during the Daily Op
- Rewards: double currency
- Rewards: double Legendary Cores (Elder Tier only)
|Blistering Cold||Freezing Touch + Swift-Footed|
|Chilling Mend||Freezing Touch + Group Regeneration|
|Clouded Toxins||Active Camouflage + Toxic Blood|
|Relentless||Resilient + Group Regeneration|
|Stinging Frost||Freezing Touch + Toxic Blood|
|Swift Stalker||Active Camouflage + Swift-Footed|
|Unstable||Volatile + Swift-Footed|
|Vaporous||Volatile + Active Camouflage|
Each enemy gang encountered during a Daily Op will feature a powerful boss enemy near the conclusion of the mission. They have a large amount of HP and carry unique and dangerous weaponry.
|Assaultron Intimidator|| · Assaultron Head: a special Assaultron head with a supercharged laser
· Left/Right minigun: special miniguns mounted on each arm
|Black paintjob; sinister body armor, grim leg armor, brutal leg armor|
|Blood Eagle Destroyer||Auto grenade launcher: a special auto grenade launcher customized with a Blood Eagles paintjob.||Blood Eagles skull lord outfit and mask|
|Communist Commissar||Riot shotgun: a special Pepper Shaker which fires 6 black powder pellets per blast||Red Scare power armor, communist commander outfit and hat|
|Cultist Prophet||Mothman gun: a special gamma gun which fires sonic blasts||Ghillie suit and hood, raider pathfinder mask, Mothman goggles|
|Mole Miner Juggernaut||Mole miner launcher: a special missile launcher which fires mini-nukes||Unique blue juggernaut outfit texture; juggernaut backpack|
|Scorched Exterminator||Scorched plasma launcher: a special gauss pistol which fires plasma missiles||Unique white exterminator skin texture; jeans underarmor, full light raider armor set|
|Super Mutant Firestarter||Assault rifle: a special assault rifle which fires fireballs||Unique orange firestarter skin texture; chest harness, waistcloth, cloth wraps|
- Enemies encountered during a Daily Op cannot be crippled, staggered or pacified.
- Enemies encountered during a Daily Op cannot spawn as Legendary enemies.
- Attaining Elder rewards from a Daily Op unlocks the Smooth Operator achievement/trophy.
- Once a Daily Op is completed, the dungeon may be explored and looted for 5 minutes before closing.
- Daily Ops enemies drop ammunition matching what is used by the player's ranged weapons at the time of their death.
- With the exception of 5mm rounds, Syringer ammo, paddle ball string, camera film, flares, (ultracite) fusion cores, (ultracite) plasma cores, mini nukes and missiles, every type of ammunition can be looted from enemies killed in Daily Ops.
- When using a melee weapon, or a weapon without a valid contextual ammo, enemies will drop a randomly selected ammo.
- Using the Daily Op Public Team will provide bonus XP during Daily Ops, with +25% bonus XP to start, and +100% bonus XP for a fully bonded, four-person team.
- Joining an instance is always possible, even if overencumbered. Upon completion of the instance, the player is returned to the last location fast traveled to prior to joining the instance.
- Any Muzak or sound effects which normally play in a dungeon, such as Valley Galleria, are disabled during Daily Ops.
- The supporting enemies that spawn alongside the boss will not respawn.
- The uplinks during Uplink fill faster the more players are within the objective area:[verification needed]
|0 players||600 seconds|
|1 players||150 seconds|
|2 players||120 seconds|
|3 players||110 seconds|
|4 players||90 seconds|
Behind the scenes
- Steve Massey, a lead level designer on Fallout 76, led the development of Daily Ops alongside lead UX designer Don Etgeton.
- The Vault Raids feature was scrapped in favor of the broader Daily Ops feature.
- Damage, +200 Damage Resistance) Mutation: "Vengeful Rage" - killing enemies buffs up to 6 nearby allies for 20 seconds (+100%
- Upon release, there were 48 possible combinations for Daily Ops. The first expansion increased the count to 588. The second expansion brought the total combinations to 980 during regular Daily Ops, and 1,120 during Double Mutation Weekends.
- Prior to Patch 25, the Elder reward tier only had an 80% chance to grant a Daily Op item as opposed to being a guaranteed drop.
- Patch 30 introduced a countdown timer to track when Daily Ops rotates its challenge.
- Prior to Patch 30, Group Regeneration would incorrectly apply its heal due to server latency.
- Prior to Patch 30, Active Camouflage occasionally would not properly activate or deactivate the stealth field when enemies change attack states.
- Prior to Patch 30, the explosion created by the Volatile mutation had hit box issues. In addition to correcting the bug, the explosion was reworked to deal 15 Fire Damage (reduced only by Damage Reduction) and to subtract 5% of the player's max HP.
- Prior to Patch 30, alien blaster rounds did not drop as contextual ammo.
- Once a Daily Op is completed, the countdown timer to leave the instance may sometimes not appear.[verified]
- camera film, flares, mini nukes, missiles, paddle ball string and Syringer ammo.[verified] The follow ammunition will not drop, even if the player is holding a weapon that uses it:
- 5mm rounds will not drop when using miniguns or Gatling guns.[verified] As of patch 30,
The following are not considered "melee attacks", and will not smite enemies with the Resilient mutation:
- Trampling with the Pain Train perk.[verified]
- Throwing weapons - throwing knife, meat cleaver, tomahawk and Sheepsquatch shard.[verified]
- Minigun shredder (unreliable) - if the enemy is being hit before their HP reaches 1, they will be killed as expected. If they are not hit by the shredder until after they reach 1 HP and begin glowing, they will not be killed by the shredder.[verified]
- Even when the Resilient modifier is in effect, it is still possible to kill super mutant suiciders with ranged attacks.[verified]
- Enemies with Active Camouflage may occasionally attack while stealthed, or may decloak while reloading or not attacking.[verification needed]
- the Burrows and Vault 94.[verification needed] Enemies may occasionally spawn out of bounds in
- [patched] Prior to patch 30, the Volatile explosion hitbox prevented it from correctly dealing damage at all angles.
- Icon resources
- Fallout 76: Inside the Vault – Daily Ops Preview (Archive)
- Fallout 76: Inside the Vault – SPECIAL Loadouts, CAMP Slots, & More Coming to the PTS (Archive)
- Fallout 76: Fallout Worlds PTS Features and Update Log (Archive)
- Daily Ops Ambient Music - Original Soundtrack from the Steel Reign update for Fallout 76 by Inon Zur (Youtube)
- Daily Ops Combat Music - Original Soundtrack from the Fallout Worlds update for Fallout 76 by Inon Zur (Youtube)
- Daily Ops item: what we call the Daily Ops tiered rewards pools on Nukapedia.
- Fallout 76: Daily Ops (Developer Gameplay)
- QuakeCon at Home 2020 (NL): Interview with Jeff Gardiner and Mark Tucker (reference starts at 0:33:10)
- Mutation technical notes
- Active Camouflage:
BUG: They may be revealed while reloading, and may occasionally attack while cloaked.
- Freezing Touch:
Freezing stacks wear off gradually after a few seconds, although taking additional hits will increase the duration as well as the magnitude. All animations are slowed, including stimpaks, attack rates and reload rates.
- Stacks per hit: 1
- Max stacks: 9
- Stacking reset: 6 seconds
- Slow Duration: 11 seconds
- Stage 1: Chilled (max 2)
- -15% speed
- Stage 2: Frosted (max 2)
- -30% speed
- Stage 3: Frozen (max 2)
- -45% speed
- Group Regeneration:
Regenerating foes may heal themselves.
- Heals: 20% HP per second until max HP
- Radius: 15
- Piercing Gaze:
Enemies will automatically detect any player within a set radius.
Once down to their last hit point, they will glow orange to indicate that only a melee attack can finish them off.
Melee attacks are:
- Savage Strike:
- +40% swing speed and reload speed
- +60% movement speed
- Toxic Blood:
Spending time in a hazard will increase the rank of the detrimental effect
- Rank 1: (after 1 second, upgrades to Rank 2)
- 30 Poison Damage per second for 1 second
- Rank 2: (after 1 second, upgrades to Rank 3)
- 35 Poison Damage per second for 1 second
- Rank 3: (after 1 second, repeats damage)
- 40 Poison Damage per second for 1 second
- Hazard radius: 9.0
- Duration: 15 seconds
- Max active hazards: 8
- Rank 1: (after 1 second, upgrades to Rank 2)
Human enemies, such as Blood Eagles or Super Mutants, will burst apart into gibs similar to the Bloody Mess perk
- Damage: 15 Fire Damage, -5% player Max HP
- Blast radius: 500 outer, 150 inner
Note: this information reflects patch 30 PTS)