Daily Ops are a gameplay feature in Fallout 76, introduced in the One Wasteland For All update. Using the game's instancing technology, Daily Ops aim to provide challenging, randomized, and repeatable dungeon-clearing missions for experienced players.
Uplink was the first and is currently the only Daily Op to be released.
Each Daily Op takes place in an instanced dungeon, with variable objectives depending on the Daily Op mode. If the objective is successfully completed and enemies within the location are defeated, the player character will be rewarded with loot, XP, and in-game currency. Daily Ops can be completed solo or with teams of up to four. They can also be completed as much as one wishes, though certain rewards may only be available once per day.
Daily Op locations, enemies, and enemy mutations are randomized each day. Enemy mutations are unique effects applied to hostiles in Daily Ops that can affect gameplay. Five are currently in-game:
- Piercing Gaze: Enemies have greatly enhanced perception of players.
- Volatile: Enemies will explode on death.
- Active Camouflage: Enemies will be cloaked when not attacking.
- Resilient: Enemies can only be killed by a melee attack.
- Freezing Touch: Enemy attacks will freeze players.
Daily Ops will provide greater rewards if they are completed within certain time limits. There are three tiers for each level of rewards:
- Initiate Tier: 16 minutes or less (low chance of rare reward, additional XP)
- Paladin Tier: 12 minutes or less (better chance of rare reward, additional legendary item)
- Elder Tier: 8 minutes or less (best chance of rare reward, additional currency)
To attain Elder Tier, teaming up with other players is recommended, though not a requirement, and it is possible to solo a Daily Op and achieve Elder Tier. Each rank can only be achieved once per day.
Once a Daily Op is completed, an after-action Operation Report is provided, showing how fast the mission was completed, as well as which rewards were granted.
- Note that attaining a higher tier will reward items from lists of all previous tiers provided those tiers weren't already earned. For example, earning "Elder" rank will reward Elder, Paladin, and Initiate rewards, if those tiers haven't already been earned.
- Using the Daily Op Public Team will provide bonus XP during Daily Ops, with +25% bonus XP to start, and +100% bonus XP for a fully bonded, four-person team.
- Vault 96 and the Watoga Civic Center are slated to become additional locations for a Daily Op at some point in the future.
- Joining an instance is possible, even if overencumbered. Upon completion (or failure) of the instance, one is returned to the last location fast traveled to prior to joining the instance.
Behind the scenesEdit
- ↑ DailyOps_Mode01_Activator01_PackIn006 and DailyOps_Mode01_Activator01_PackIn007 are associated with the Watoga Civic Center and Vault 96, respectively. This information is updated as of the PTS release from October 1, 2020.
- ↑ QuakeCon at Home 2020 (NL): Interview with Jeff Gardiner and Mark Tucker (reference starts at 0:33:10)
- ↑ Fallout 76: Daily Ops (Developer Gameplay)