|For the announcements heard at the location, see D.B. Technical High School/PA system.|
The building has three levels, including the basement, first floor, and second floor, with raiders filling the halls and rooms. There are also a few traps, such as bottlecap mines and machinegun turrets. The basement in particular holds quite a bit of notable loot, and is the home of the raider boss Bosco.
In the basement, to the east of the swimming pool room is a metallic door that connects to the generator room in Medical Center metro. There is a barred pair of rooms (one door is barred, the other is chained) on the first floor near the main entrance that can be accessed by falling through a hole in the floor on the second floor. It is also possible to shoot the bar on the back of the barred door through an opening in the wall just past the chained door on the right when approaching from the main entrance. Inside the western room is an Advanced-locked safe and a Novice-locked ammo box. The roof features a few remaining raiders and an explosives box on a fire escape on the eastern side.
- Mini nuke - On the first floor, in the library on a bookshelf to the left of the book return terminal.
- DB Tech varsity uniform - On the second floor, on top of some lockers on the east side near the northern end of the central hallway.
- Fat Man - In the basement, on the floor in the northwest corner by Bosco's bed and terminal.
- Unstoppables issue #2 - In the basement, on the table by the Fat Man.
- Mascot head - In the basement, on Bosco. This wearable bear head served as the mascot for the high school.
- Ten Vault-Tec lunchboxes:
- One is in the basement, in the auto shop area in the "child seat" of a shopping cart.
- Six are on the first floor: one is on a shelf in the library, one is in a locker in the central hallway just outside the library, two are on tables in the cafeteria, and two are on the floor in the cafeteria.
- Three are on the second floor: one is on a table at the top of the ramp from the cafeteria, one is in a locker near the southern end of the central hallway, and one is on the floor near the skeleton draped over the top of a ladder in the southwest.
- Five overdue books:
- One is on the first floor, to the northwest in the library between two damaged terminals.
- One is on the second floor, to the east in an area near a restroom above the cafeteria on a short bookshelf near a large portrait of water lilies.
- One is on the second floor, to the south in the chemistry lab on a counter near a painting of a farm.
- One is on the second floor, to the northwest on a table lit by a nearby fire in a steel drum.
- One is outside in a Pulowski Preservation shelter next to the basketball court on the eastern side of the building.
- Two Stealth Boys - One is on the first floor, in a locker on the east side of the central hallway. The other is on the second floor, tucked between two lockers near the skeleton draped over the top of a ladder in the southwest.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Kidnapping: Concerned settlers will ask the Sole Survivor to help them rescue a fellow settler that was kidnapped for ransom by nearby hostiles, hoping to have them freed without harm.
- Lost Soul: Doctor Carrington has a lead on a synth that's in danger and sends the player character to save them.
- Reclamation: The Sole Survivor learns from Dr. Secord that a synth was kidnapped by raiders. They can help with the planned retrieval mission by placing a tracking beacon on the synth and reporting back to the Synth Retention Bureau.
- To the Mattresses: The synth-hating L&L Gang is a major threat to the Railroad. Desdemona has a lead on them and asks the Sole Survivor to help neutralize their members.
- The beast that Bosco's terminal mentions ("I see it, hiding in the dark. Catch its one cold eye, watching. It just stares, lying. Waiting.") is just the school's bear mascot head. At some point, after killing several of his men while suffering from rabies delusions, Bosco dons the mask.
- Bosco and all the raiders will respawn after some time; however, he doesn't respawn with another mascot head, making it unable to be obtained more than once.
- Preston Garvey will make a comment supporting the Bears.
- There is a respawning machinegun turret behind the school.
- There is a book return terminal on the first floor, in the library.
- There are three wooden blocks in the basement, which are arranged to spell "FUN."
- There are three wooden blocks on the second floor, which are arranged to spell "DIE."
D.B. Technical High School appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
D.B. Technical High School is based on Don Bosco Technical High School, a school attended by lead designer Emil Pagliarulo. The raider boss, logo and slogan all reflect real world equivalents. The location's PA system includes a line regarding "Vice Principal Cavanagh," who is referred to as "Vice Principal Pagliarulo" in the subtitles.
Killing Bosco doesn't yield XP, despite the fact that he is a leveled opponent (player level x 1.2).[verified]