|For an overview of Cryolators, see Cryolator.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The weapon creates a cryogenic spray when fired that fades away at mid-range. Firing continuously at an enemy may freeze it solid and render it unable to move or attack for a period of time. More durable enemies will require a longer exposure, and some cannot be frozen at all. The cryolator utilizes large amounts of ammunition quickly.
The crystallizing barrel mod will convert the weapon into an automatic crystal shooter. This makes the weapon far more ammo-efficient, as well as granting additional benefits such as increased range and additional ballistic damage. However, the projectiles do not travel particularly quickly and suffer from a noticeable flight trajectory.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Cryolator (Level 25)
Cryolator (Level 35)
Weapon modifications[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Dropped by deathclaws, fog crawlers, Grafton monsters, hermit crabs, honey beasts, mega slots, mothmen, scorchbeasts, super mutant behemoths and wendigos.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to the very low freezing rate, it will take more than a full clip in order to noticeably freeze most targets.
- Affected by the Grounded mutation.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Update 25, the cryolator dealt energy damage instead of cryo damage.
- Prior to Update 23, the crystallizing barrel mod would apply damage and the freezing effect to the owner when firing at the ground or at objects that were very close.