|For an overview of bow models, see Bow.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A sturdy crossbow with metal limbs and a wooden stock. While the crossbow deals high amounts of damage, it can only have one bolt loaded at a time, with the exception of the Nuclear Winter game mode in which it can have a maximum of three. As with all bows, the crossbow is equipped with a hidden silencer in the game files, granting it Sneak functionality similar to that of a suppressor.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Crossbow (Lv 15)
Crossbow (Lv 25)
Crossbow (Lv 35)
Modifications[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- The Plan: Crossbow can be found on a table just outside a southwestern cabin of Pioneer Scout camp with a crossbow shooting range.
- A crossbow can be found near the southwestern outskirts of the Palace of the Winding Path, on a table near the archery targets, along with several bolts and a pipe pistol.
- A crossbow can be found in the outside building at Belching Betty, near Bernie.
- A crossbow can be found in a red open-topped shipping container between Mount Blair trainyard and Welch. A ladder forming a ramp helps determine the correct one.
- A crossbow can be found in the basement locked storage room of the Sons of Dane compound, on a metal shelf.
- A crossbow can be found inside the locked basement of the Bootlegger's shack, on a metal shelf.
- A crossbow can be found inside the southern cabin at the Middle Mountain Cabins, leaning against the southern wall to the left of beds, near the fireplace.
- A crossbow can be found on top of a tractor pulling a wagon full of bound prisoners (Skyrim reference) on the path leading to Vault 96, at a point almost directly east of Federal Disposal Field HZ-21.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Nuclear Winter variant of the crossbow is still considered a rifle, while the Adventure variant was changed to a bow with the release of Wastelanders.
- The crossbow can no longer spawn with Quad as of Wastelanders release.
- The crossbow cannot spawn with Explosive.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Tadpole: Archery
- Tadpole Archery Test
- Repair crossbows (3)
- Kill enemies with crossbows (50)
- Mod a crossbow (1)
- Tadpole: Hunter
- Kill a radstag with a crossbow (1)
- Scorched with a crossbow (?) Kill
Bugs[edit | edit source]
PC Playstation 4 Xbox One NPCs will occasionally comment on crossbows calling it a sniper rifle, due to WeaponTypeSniper keyword.[verified]
- "Sniper rifle, eh? I bet you can pick 'em off before they even know you're there."
- "Only cowards hide behind a scope. Don't tell Surge I said that though."