Crimson Dragoons are China's special operations force and played a major role in defending Chinese territory in the Battle of Anchorage. They use the stealth armor, an armor that cloaks their movement, making them nearly invisible. They fight with Chinese officer's swords and firearms. According to American intelligence, Crimson Dragoons are trained from birth.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Chinese stealth armor||Chinese officer's sword
Chinese assault rifle
|Brotherhood of Steel holotag*|
- * When their bodies are searched via the console, Crimson Dragoons yield Brotherhood of Steel holotags
- Crimson Dragoons may idle in sneak mode while invisible until the player character passes them. Once one's back is turned, they will attack.
- The only exception are those Crimson Dragoons armed with Chinese assault rifles in the listening post. They do not level with the player and are weaker than the soldiers armed with swords or sniper rifles.
- If the player character spots one before they get ready to attack, V.A.T.S. cannot be used to fire shots because, as long as they remain in stealth, all parts of the body show 0% (except when using a grenade); meaning the only way to fire at them while in stealth is to fire the gun without V.A.T.S. However, V.A.T.S. can be used to pinpoint their location.
- If undetected but standing, V.A.T.S. will act normally and display targeting percentiles.
- Crimson Dragoons armed with Chinese officer swords have enhanced speed and move significantly faster than normal human non-player characters.
- While the Crimson Dragoons sometimes do carry Chinese pistols, they will never use them against the player character.
- killall console command.[verified] Sometimes when using V.A.T.S on the Crimson Dragoons while they are in stealth mode you may not be able to exit V.A.T.S in addition to the fact that you can not attack, leaving you stuck there. On the PC version this can be solved using the
- There is a chance that after killing a Crimson Dragoon, his corpse will not disappear. The corpse cannot be looted, and any allies will continue shooting at the corpse as if it were still alive.[verified]
- The Lone Wanderer:"Give me the latest on the Listening Post."
Lieutenant Thomas Morgan:"Oh, this place is a honey pot, lemme tell you. Not only is it swarming with regular ground troops, but they've put their best guys in there as well, the Crimson Dragoons. I hear those guys start training as soldiers right from the womb, so watch yourself in there."
(Thomas Morgan's dialogue)