Crimson Dragoons are China's special operations force and played a major role in defending Chinese territory in the Battle of Anchorage. They use the Hei Gui stealth armor, an armor that cloaks their movement, making them nearly invisible. They favor fighting with a Chinese officer's sword instead of firearms, using their stealth capability coupled with their armor to go undetected and kill their targets rapidly and discreetly. According to American intelligence, Crimson Dragoons are trained from birth.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Chinese stealth armor||Chinese officer's sword
Chinese assault rifle
|Brotherhood of Steel holotag*|
- * When their bodies are searched via the console, Crimson Dragoons yield Brotherhood of Steel holotags
- Crimson Dragoons level with the Lone Wanderer and are generally on par with a Brotherhood of Steel knight or paladin in terms of skill and durability. Their cloaking-field generating stealth armor allows them to pose a unique threat. With a few exceptions, most Crimson Dragoons will idle in sneak mode until the player character passes them, making them very difficult to detect at a glance. Once one's back is turned, they will attack.
- The only exception are those Crimson Dragoons armed with Chinese assault rifles in the listening post. They do not level with the player and are weaker than the soldiers armed with swords or sniper rifles.
- If the player spots one before they get ready to attack, V.A.T.S. cannot be used to fire shots because, as long as they remain in stealth, all parts of the body show 0% (except when using a grenade); meaning the only way to fire at them while in stealth is to fire the gun without V.A.T.S. However, V.A.T.S. can be used to pinpoint their location.
- If one managing to catch one undetected but standing, V.A.T.S. will act normally and display targeting percentiles.
- Crimson Dragoons armed with Chinese officer's swords have enhanced speed and move significantly faster than normal human non-player characters.
- While the Crimson Dragoons sometimes do carry Chinese pistols, they will never use it against them. They can be acquired through the use of exploits, but are in poor condition.
Behind the scenes
Historically, a dragoon is a type of infantry trained to fight on foot as well as on horseback but eventually came to refer to a kind of medium cavalry. In modern parlance, the term is usually applied to armored regiments.
- killall console command.[verified] Sometimes when using V.A.T.S on the Crimson Dragoons while they are in stealth mode you may not be able to exit V.A.T.S in addition to the fact that you can not attack, leaving you stuck there. On the PC version this can be solved using the
- There is a chance that after killing a Crimson Dragoon, his corpse will not disappear. The corpse cannot be looted, and any allies will continue shooting at the corpse as if it were still alive.[verified]
- The Lone Wanderer:"Give me the latest on the Listening Post."
Lieutenant Thomas Morgan:"Oh, this place is a honey pot, lemme tell you. Not only is it swarming with regular ground troops, but they've put their best guys in there as well, the Crimson Dragoons. I hear those guys start training as soldiers right from the womb, so watch yourself in there."
Thomas Morgan's dialogue
- Dragoon on Wikipedia