Crevasse Dam is named after the surrounding tall rock outcrops and low river. Binding the two sides of a crevasse to create an artificial reservoir upstream, Crevasse Dam was suffering from safety issues despite a high dam integrity rating, which caused Harold Nowak to inspect the facility and its reports of exposed wiring and signage removal. Firing C. Hill raised the safety rating from 3/10 to 10/10. The Crevasse Dam survived the Great War perfectly intact and was later used by the Free States to flush the river of radiation when the Mire's wildlife got particularly aggressive.
The dam was eventually settled by raiders, whose graffiti and remains can be observed throughout the facility. They were ultimately trapped in the main building after one of them, Lenny, laid hands on the eggs of a nearby deathclaw nest, whose matriarch stalked the facility to recover them. Lenny abandoned his companions and snuck out, while Thea and the rest of the gang were hunted down by the creature. Not long after, the dam was occupied by super mutants.
Crevasse Dam has two buildings in addition to the dam itself, which divides a river and a large lake connected to the Thunder Mountain Power Plant. There are a number of guard posts and old defenses set up around the location's perimeter, including several can chimes. Entering the western maintenance building from the parking lot opens to the ground floor with various machinery and shelves inside. There is a small room here with variable loot, and the office connects to a bathroom. Above it is another office area with a terminal and grenades to be taken. Following the catwalk upwards leads out to the roof, where, at the very top, there is a corpse sitting on a throne next to an ammo box on another guard post.
The other building, a water control station, is poorly lit and has a few random weapons and a terminal. Walking along the top of the dam itself provides a view of the waterways, while also finding some junk items to loot.
Right outside of the facility, on the highway, there is a deathclaw nest. A matriarch will periodically spawn, and it will occasionally fight the super mutants.
- Thanks Lenny - Holotape, on a desk in the main building, inside the first floor office.
- Big rig trailer key - On a corpse sitting in a throne on the roof of the maintenance building.
- Power armor chassis with raider power armor pieces - In the truck trailer beside the buildings with a level 2 lock (can also be opened with the big rig trailer key listed above).
- Two potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- On the ground floor of the maintenance building, in the same room as the "Thanks Lenny" holotape, in a sink.
- In the upper section of the large pump room, in the mainframe computer room, on the concrete balcony with the sandbags.
- Two potential magazines:
- In the eastern building, near the door entrance, by the blue machinery on the ground floor of the pump chamber (southwest corner), on the second metal shelf.
- On the second floor of the maintenance building, in the corner of the concrete balcony on the north side of the upper area, close to the supervisor workstation, in a waste paper basket.
- Potential weapon mod - Inside the eastern building, on a crate to the right of the water control station terminal.
Crevasse Dam appears only in Fallout 76.
- Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p. 457: "19. CREVASSE DAM:
Across from the rusting road vehicles (and mannequin party inside the bus) is the compact Crevasse Dam. It is called this because of the tall rock outcrops and low river you can fall into (and cripple yourself). This bears the signs of being a Raider camp. Unlocking the trailer (0) in the parking lot (using bobby pins or the key from the dead Raider on the roof) confirms this; there may be Raider Power Armor inside!"
(Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia)
- Crevasse Dam terminal entries; supervisor workstation, quarterly inspection reports
- Thanks Lenny