Wolfgang might act insane, but he only plays the madman for sales. His inventory is mostly random junk, making him useful for finding custom-weapon components or just cashing in gear for caps. Dialogue with Uncle Roe states that Wolfgang is aware that his choice of shop specialty is unusual and won't, in and of itself, draw a big crowd, so he adopted the persona of a rather eccentric traveling merchant to draw people in. He also considers his use of the terms "junk," "garbage" and other such terms to describe his wares to be a very successful marketing ploy, often using them to rather humorous effect.
Crazy Wolfgang, like all merchants, follows a winding course around the eastern half of the map, stopping at Megaton, Rivet City, Canterbury Commons, Arefu, Evergreen Mills, Paradise Falls, Temple of the Union, and Agatha's house. He wanders with the following characters:
|Related non-player characters||RefID||BaseID|
|Crazy Wolfgang's caravan guard||00052BC2||00069C45|
|Crazy Wolfgang's pack brahmin||0002D598||00027DE5|
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 483-1197*|
Sells: miscellaneous items
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 85*|
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character starts quests.||
|This character is involved in quests.|
* after second investment
- Merchant Empire: Initially, Wolfgang has a Repair skill of 15, but after talking to Uncle Roe for further caravan investment his inventory will expand, and his repair skill jumps to 75. This allows him to repair to 85% condition. After the second investment, he rewards you with 5-7 Stealth Boys, depending on your level.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Roving trader outfit||R91 assault rifle||-||Crazy Wolfgang's supply key
Schematics - Rock-It Launcher
- Agatha includes a shout out to her "old friend" Crazy Wolfgang in her broadcast, saying, "No one can scour the Wasteland and find such oddities as you".
- After fully investing in his caravan, he will then have the highest repair skill of all the caravan merchants. Equipping him with a repairman jumpsuit (reverse-pickpocket) will boost his repair to 80 (88% condition), giving him workman's coveralls will boost it to 85 (91% condition). However this leaves him vulnerable to injury or death, if you are not present when he dies you may lose the item you chose to equip him with when his corpse disappears from the game.
- "Crazy Wolfgang's got everything you need, assuming you need the random junk that I've got."
- "Welcome, sir or madame, to Crazy Wolfgang's traveling junk store. The Depot of Detritus, The Shop of Slop, and the Caravan of Crap. Now what odds and ends can I, the Craziest of all possible Wolfgangs, offer to you?"
- "I hear you're the one who's so deeply invested in my junk."
- "A friend with deep pockets is a friend indeed!"
Crazy Wolfgang appears only in Fallout 3.