|For the character appearing in Fallout 4, see Wolfgang.|
Wolfgang is an eccentric salesman, playing up a "crazy" persona to make sales. His inventory is mostly random junk, and he can be traded with for a wide variety of wasteland finds.[Non-game 1] Dialogue with Uncle Roe states that Wolfgang is aware that his choice of shop specialty is unusual and won't, in and of itself, draw a big crowd, so he adopted the persona of a rather eccentric traveling merchant to draw people in. He also considers his use of the terms junk, garbage, and other such terms to describe his wares to be a very successful marketing ploy.
Crazy Wolfgang, like all merchants, follows a winding course around the eastern half of the map, stopping at Megaton, Rivet City, Canterbury Commons, Arefu, Evergreen Mills, Paradise Falls, Temple of the Union, and Agatha's house.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character is a merchant.|| 483-1197*|
Sells: miscellaneous items
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 85*|
- * after second investment
- Merchant Empire: Initially, Wolfgang has a Repair skill of 15, but investing via Uncle Roe into his caravan expands his inventory, and his Repair skill jumps to 75. This allows him to repair to 85% condition. After the second investment, he rewards the Lone Wanderer with between five and seven Stealth Boys, depending on level.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Roving trader outfit||Assault rifle||Stimpak||Crazy Wolfgang's supply key
Schematics - Rock-It Launcher
- Agatha includes a shout out to her "old friend" Crazy Wolfgang in her broadcast, saying, "No one can scour the Wasteland and find such oddities as you."
- After fully investing in his caravan, he will then have the highest Repair skill of all the caravan merchants. Equipping him with a repairman jumpsuit (reverse-pickpocket) will boost his Repair to 80 (88% condition), giving him workman's coveralls will boost it to 85 (91% condition). This leaves him vulnerable to injury or death. If one is not present when he dies, they may lose the item they chose to equip him with when his corpse disappears from the game.
- "Crazy Wolfgang's got just what you need! Assuming you need the random junk that I've got."
- "Welcome, sir or madam, to Crazy Wolfgang's Traveling Junk Store! The Depot of Detritus, the Shop of Slop, and the Caravan of Crap! Now, what odds and ends can I, the Craziest of all possible Wolfgangs offer to you?"
- "I hear you're the one who's so deeply invested in my junk. Not as deeply as me, of course, but who is, really? I picked up some Stealth Boys the other day, and they seemed like just the way to thank you for your investment. Kudos!"
- "A friend with deep pockets is a friend indeed!"
- "It's all valuable to someone."
Crazy Wolfgang appears only in Fallout 3.
- The Lone Wanderer: "Do you have any traders that deal with miscellaneous goods?"
Uncle Roe: "That'd be Crazy Wolfgang: he does repairs and general supplies. But he prefers to call himself a "junk dealer." "
(Uncle Roe's dialogue)
- Agatha: "This next piece is dedicated to my old friend Crazy Wolfgang. No one can scour the Wasteland and find such oddities as you."