Members of the Church of the Children of Atom have constructed a rickety shanty hamlet on top of an old, irradiated aircraft crash site. A beacon was set at the Kingsport Lighthouse to guide cultists to this site, that they consider holy.
The location is centered around the crashed remains of a Horizon Airlines airplane. A pool of water has collected in the middle, surrounded by makeshift homes, built with pieces of the wreckage. The elevated shantytown is moderately irradiated, dosing one with about 6 rads per second. The six structures are set up on walkways above the crater, whose waters are highly irradiated, peaking at 38 rads per second.
The southeastern shack contains a cooking station, terminal and booby-trapped steamer trunk, and the north-northeast shack contains a chemistry station. The location is filled with Children of Atom wielding radiation weapons. The terminal controls the two turrets and a spotlight.
- Wasteland Survival Guide issue #2 - Found on the lower level of the shack to the west and slightly north. It is on the table with a lantern and caps stash.
- Three live nuke mines - Planted around the outside edge of the crater.
- Bottle message 1 - Trapped for Days - Behind the crater house, slightly east-northeast on the shore. Look for some barrels going from the crater house to Salem all the way from the shore. It can be found on the beach between the barrels and a log.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Lost Soul: Doctor Carrington has a lead on a synth that's in danger and sends the player character to save them.
- Leading by Example: Lancer Captain Kells requests the Sole Survivor's help in training a Brotherhood squire by allowing him to accompany them on a mission.
When at this location, companions make comments, which are activated at the edge of the crater.
|Curie||"So much devastation from the bombs."|
|Deacon||"Hold onto your geiger counter. Craters are the best."|
The crater house appears in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 332: "[4.09] CRATER HOUSE
The more lunatic of local cults has constructed a rickety shanty hamlet on top of an old, irradiated aircraft crash site. This seems to be some kind of gathering spot. Do not bathe in the water. Pick the safe (Expert) and access the terminal (Novice) to switch off the turrets and spotlights."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Crater house terminal entries; terminal, The Beacon