The titular crashed plane was a Horizon Airlines jet that became entangled in orange vines and trees in the wilderness of the Mire. At some point, raiders attempted to use the elevated position of the plane as a sniper's nest before being wiped out by the Scorched. The rear half of the plane is gone, and one of the wings is missing. This is the only semi-intact Horizon Airlines plane in the game, as the one at Horizon's Rest was disassembled and used for building supplies.
- The plane is a useful fast-travel landmark, with a small shack to the east, containing beds and a yao guai corpse. The pilot cabin contains a sealed safe that can be accessed using the keypad above. The access code is 062032 but the safe contains nothing.
- The code for the keypad in the captain's cabin is 062032. The safe might not contain any loot.
- Attention: Nuka-Cola technician - Note, on an airliner seat immediately on the right upon scaling the makeshift ramp to the plane.
- Safe travels - Note, in a open box inside the cockpit. Contains the code to the safe accessed via the keypad.
- Nuka Cola marketing access code - Found in a suitcase underneath the plane directly beneath where the right wing disconnected from the fuselage in a tangle of brush. The suitcase's color can vary.
The crashed plane appears only in Fallout 76.