Consuming this item gives a +1 boost to Perception and Agility, and a -30 to Sleep in Hardcore mode. It is possible to become addicted to this item, the effects of which are a -1 to Perception and Charisma. With the addition of the Honest Hearts add-on, this item is also used to brew black coffee.
- Loose chew
- There is one loose leaf on a grave in Goodsprings Cemetery.
- Six leaves can be found in a duffle bag at the top of a ramp in the train yard immediately north of Boulder City.
- Some can be stolen from the Mojave Outpost, inside the barracks on the shelf.
- Westside has 25 plants - Ten in the planters in the easternmost part of the area just northeast of the north cistern and 15 in the planters east of the Westside Co-Op, ten in one planter and five in another.
- One plant grows slightly northeast of the Primm water tower.
- Four plants can be found at Wolfhorn ranch.
- Three can be found near Ranger Station Echo - One directly west of the tower structure while the other is very close to the half-way point between the station and Coyote Mines, just west of a water-filled crater. The third is found directly ahead of the second to the southwest, near a small, lone Joshua tree.
- Two can be found to the right of Raul's shack.
- Directly south of the marker for the Boulder City ruins.
- Although coyote tobacco chew is addictive, the beverage black coffee with that ingredient and craftable with Honest Hearts, is non-addictive.
- In one of Boone's endings, he communicates his thoughts to Legate Lanius by spitting tobacco chew into his eyes, in front of the Legion armies.