|For an overview of corn, see Corn.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Corn is a cereal grain first domesticated by indigenous peoples in southern Mexico about 10,000 years ago. The hardy plant grows into a tall, leafy stalk, which produces both pollen and fruit. The maize fruit is called a corn kernel and grows in rows inside ears produced by the stalk. As a water-efficient crop that produces highly nutritious fruit that can be processed into food, ethanol, livestock feed, oil, and more, maize has become a staple of wasteland agriculture in both regular and mutated varieties.
For example, New California, with its hot, arid climate, relies on the cultivation of vast fields of maize capable of thriving in the post-nuclear soil. In fact, the economic might of places like the Hub was built upon the tilled fields full of maize stalks, processed into countless process necessary for the post-nuclear civilization to thrive.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The player character can plant and harvest corn as a food and component source.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- One can be collected every hour from a C.A.M.P. or workshop, for every placed corn planted.
- Harvested from wild corn plants.
- Approximately 70 at Silva homestead, in the field behind the house.
- 38 west of the Pumpkin House, in the field north of fissure site Sigma.
- 16 at Sunday Brothers' cabin, in the garden.
- 15 in the garden behind the General's Steakhouse.
- 12 at Cobbleton farm.
- Northwest corner of Morgantown Airport, in the garden.
- Aaronholt homestead, southern field.
- Ammo dump, in the garden.
- Several corn stalks are being grown in a farm-plot next to the Wayward