The player character will get a note from Littlehorn & Associates telling them to go to the scrapyard. Daniel Littlehorn, the CEO, resides at the scrapyard office. He offers a contract for the ears of each "good" people. He will pay 10 caps per ear, unless the Lone Wanderer has -750 or less Karma, at which point they will pay 15 caps per ear. This is determined by the Lone Wanderer's Karma before the turn in, not after. Each ear will give the Lone Wanderer -10 Karma, regardless of their current Karma. If the player character is 10 Karma away from -750 and has multiple ears, dropping all but one and doing 2x the turn ins will net more caps.
With this perk, the player can remove an ear from every good human or non-feral ghoul character they kill. The ear can then be sold to Daniel Littlehorn at the scrapyard for 15 caps and -10 Karma.
- It is the Evil equivalent of the Lawbringer perk.
- You can accept Contract Killer at any karma level and have both Lawbringer and Contract Killer active at the same time.
- Unlike Lawbringer, there is no unique outfit for becoming a Contract Killer.
- Prior to the player selecting this perk, the scrapyard office will be locked with no way to gain entry and Daniel Littlehorn cannot be spoken to or interacted with.
- If other characters (including partners, guards, and the Mysterious Stranger), creatures, or environmental aspects (such as exploding cars) do more than 50% of the target's total HP in damage, an ear will not appear on the body.
- The most abundant supply of ears you can find are off of Regulators which are encountered randomly through having negative Karma.
- Slaver-hunting hitmen are also a good supplier of ears, should the player also choose to be a slaver.
PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When essential NPCs are knocked unconscious, it is scripted for an ear to spawn in their inventory. This happens regardless of whether they are "good" or not. The ear will spawn every time they're knocked unconscious, for a potentially endless amount of ears. [verified]