- Can be crafted from the plans, found randomly on a dead Civil War reenactor as part of the Philippi's Cemetery Battlefield Revealed random encounter.
- Philippi Battlefield Cemetery:
- A uniform can be found inside the Prickett's Fort gift shop basement display case on the right.
- A uniform can be found inside the Prickett's Fort gift shop, on the second floor, inside the far right corner display case from the top of the stairs.
- The hat can only be crafted with a plan that has a 15% chance of spawning on a body in a random encounter in the Toxic Valley.
Behind the scenes
- A confederate hat also appeared in the Fallout 3 add-on Point Lookout.
- The uniform and hat themselves appear to be based on those worn by Confederate frontline infantry soldiers, as higher ranking soldiers wore trench coats and Stetson hats.