The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Repair the fog condensers before the fog creatures overwhelm the settlement.
Upon arriving at one of the four obtainable allied settlements on the Island, a settler may inform the Sole Survivor that the settlement's fog condenser are broken and must be repaired immediately. The Sole Survivor can then agree to help them or turn them down.
When the quest starts a quest marker will appear showing the number of fog condensers that are yet to be fixed (this will also locate the damaged condensers on the Pip-Boy local map). The settler will then try to fix them, or the player character can elect to fix them themselves. Another quest marker will appear asking to defend the settlement. Since the fog condensers the condensers are down, the Fog will overwhelm the settlement, causing hordes of creatures and irradiated animals to continuously attack in waves. The creatures may consist of wolves, gulpers, yao guai, anglers and even fog crawlers at higher levels.
Enemies will almost continuously spawn until all fog condensers have been fixed. If at least one settler dies for any reason while this mission is active, the quest will fail. The quest ends once all the fog condensers are fixed and the enemies have stopped spawning.
- This radiant quest can easily be one of the most difficult settlement quests in the game as it requires both battling very strong enemies while repairing fog condensers (or protecting the settler who is fixing them).
- No crafting components are required to repair the condensers in this quest.
- A single damaged fog condenser can actually be repaired prior to starting the quest. Repairing the first fog condenser will immediately accept and start the quest.
- Creatures may begin to attack prior to starting the quest, if the player character is slow to tend to the condensers.
- It is possible for the "help defend" quest stage to be completed (ending the attacks) without repairing all the fog condensers. However, the overall quest will not be completed (nor will XP be awarded) until all condensers are repaired and the quest is handed in to a settler.