Concentrated Fire is a Fallout 3 and a Fallout: New Vegas Perk.


With Concentrated Fire, your accuracy to hit any body part in V.A.T.S. increases slightly with each subsequent hit on that body part. Every time you target the same body part in VATS, your chance-to-hit raises by +5%. So, if your first to-hit was 40%, 2nd would be 45%, 50%, etc. This can lead to very easy head-shots when teamed with other to-hit % boosters (Sniper, Commando, etc).


  • Unlike the other perks that give bonuses to your accuracy in V.A.T.S. (Commando, Gunslinger, Sniper) the bonuses gained from Concentrated Fire are additive instead of multiplicative.
  • This perk is more effective with weapons that use few Action Points, so that you can fire many times and gain larger bonuses.
  • Laser based Pistols/Rifles, Chinese Pistols and 10mm Pistols have a low (17) AP costs per shot.
  • When queuing up shots, it seems to show an increase in each subsequent shot before you even fire, which would mean it ignores whether your shots actually hit and simply gives the accuracy anyway. It is not known how this perk actually functions, but testing does seem to show it to be more powerful than its description.
  • Note that your accuracy can't be higher than 95%.
  • The Atomic Pulverizer has the lowest AP cost of any gun, making it an ideal choice weapon to use with this perk
  • If you queue up for example 4 shots and the first says 20% chance to hit and at the 4th it will say 40% then ALL the shots in that queue will have 40%, you can actually make snipes with a submachine gun with this perk.
  • Should be used instead of Commando,Gunslinger, and Sniper perks due VATS 95% chance hitting the target.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.