|For an overview of combat knifes in all games, see combat knife.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A large knife designed for both combat and survival purposes. It has a long, clip-point blade with serrations along the back intended for cutting rope and small branches.
This weapon qualifies as an improved holdout weapon.
Special attack[edit | edit source]
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Back Slash outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The combat knife can successfully strike about 445 times from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Chance's knife - A much more powerful variant located in Chance's grave.
- Assassin - The Caesar's Legion assassin sent to kill President Kimball carries a special version which is "non-playable". This prevents the weapon from normally being shown in inventory, e.g. when pickpocketing the assassin. The weapon is otherwise identical to the standard combat knife.
- Cass - Rose of Sharon Cassidy carries a special "non-playable" version of the weapon, also otherwise identical to the standard version.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Combat knives are incredibly common across the Mojave. They are often randomly spawned in containers and bins, or can be found in almost all weapon stores.
- They can be found on some of the Omertas in the Gomorrah Casino.
- One in good condition can be found stuck in a blackjack table in the Vikki and Vance Casino. Go into the main room, take a right, into the small room, and it should be stabbed in the table (must be stolen).
- There's one on a table in the headquarters building in Cottonwood Cove.
- Captain Curtis at Camp McCarran has one in full condition during the quest I Put a Spell on You.
- Orris has one if you kill him in G.I. Blues.
- At Camp Golf, in the House Resort, in the barracks in a shelf next to the mess hall. It can be taken without Karma penalty.
- One can be found inside Gomorrah in a "very hard" locked room, on a table beside a prostitute corpse.
- One can be found in very poor condition on top of a table within Boone's hotel room in Novac.
- A total of 10 can be obtained in Camp Searchlight, on the corpses of ghoul NCR troopers associated with the quest We Will All Go Together.
- Sometimes used by the Fiends.
- One can be found in the second floor of a ruined building in Boulder City beside a couple of skeletons. You will also find a service rifle and a Ranger hat in this building, each in very low condition.
- Zion Canyon. The combat knife is in near perfect condition. One can be located next to a toolbox, first aid box, and a skeleton. All of which is found inside a boat, underwater, at the Virgin River in
- One can be found in the abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker, it is in the same room where a Dean's Electronics skill book is located.
- Mojave Outpost - Sgt. Kilborn carries one.
- During the quest Eureka!, two NCR rangers armed with combat knives will attempt to kill Legate Lanius at his camp.