|For the miscellaneous quest related to this location, see The Combat Zone (quest).|
Background[edit | edit source]
Once an old-time theater and public arena, a gang of raiders occupied the building and took over the operation from Tommy Lonegan in 2285. Where before it was a place where reputable denizens came for entertainment, it became a place where selfish lowlifes tried to take advantage of one another.
Sometimes the raiders get their kicks watching fights between other raiders and sometimes between unwilling captured wastelanders. Cait is one such wastelander.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The Combat Zone is a pre-War theater that has been repurposed into a fight club. It is located at Hamilton Place just off of Tremont Street. It is also the location of a potential companion named Cait, with who the Sole Survivor meets after speaking with Tommy Lonegan.
In the entrance lobby, there is a side room labeled "Rule Breakers" on the left, featuring two bound raiders on display behind a security gate that can be opened via the nearby terminal, locked with an Advanced lock. The two raiders are non-hostile and can actually be greeted by the Sole Survivor, although they will mostly react with taunts or threats. They cannot be freed or untied. There is also an Expert locked wall safe in this room, to the right of the security door.
Within the theater, a large cage dominates the stage area, and to the lower left is a bar and seating area. There are also a couple of wooden shacks and walkways above the ground level, built around the now largely collapsed second floor seating rows and balconies. All inhabitants except Tommy and Cait instantly turn hostile, the latter two taking refuge inside the cage until the battle is over. At that time, Tommy may award the Sole Survivor with around 100 bottlecaps for clearing this area.
Once cleared, one can find several workstations. On the left upon entering are a weapons workbench and an armor workbench. A chemistry station is on the righthand side of the entrance and a cooking station is also on the right towards the stage area, as well as a second to the left of the main doors.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Picket Fences issue #4 - On a table in front of the fighting cage nearest the bar.
- Mini nuke - On a chair in the rear row of the balcony, near a sleeping bag.
- Corset - Worn by Cait.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When Cait 'wins' the scripted fight, there is a chance that it will trigger Idiot Savant.
- Waiting until the Sole Survivor is overboss of Nuka-World, even at maximum infamy, does not actually change the reaction of the patrons upon the Sole Survivor first entering the area.
|The following is based on Fallout 4 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Unused voice clips for Tommy Lonegan reveal that the Combat Zone was going to be an arena the player character could participate in. Tommy makes reference to prize money and an elevator in the basement that takes combatants up into the arena. This was cut for unknown reasons, but the location remained likely due to Bethesda attempting to keep Cait in the game.
- On PC, using the console command coc combatzone02 will teleport the player character to an unused basement of the Combat Zone with dressing rooms, an elevator, and stairs to the main stage, etc. coc combatzone01 can be used to return to the uncut Combat Zone.
|End of information based on Fallout 4 cut content.|
Companion comments[edit | edit source]
- When at this location, companions make comments, which are activated at two accessible locations: the exterior and the front row. There is a third inaccessible location that was cut from the game.
|Curie||exterior||"Combat. Zone. What a useful warning. We should avoid this place, yes?"|
|front row||"What do they put in the cage?"|
|front row||"Cage fighting. Not my cup of tea."|
|Strong||?||"Bah! Fighting is for killing. Not watching."|
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Combat Zone appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The Combat Zone is based on the historical location of the same name, a section of Boston between Boylston and Kneeland Streets that was an adult entertainment district in the 1960s.
- The entrance to the Combat Zone bears a striking resemblance to that of the Orpheum Theatre in downtown Boston.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Cait: " "
The Sole Survivor: "Of course, anything you need."
Cait: " "
The Sole Survivor: "You're comparing me to that riff-raff?"
Cait: " "
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.497-498: "[16.01] COMBAT ZONE
Once an old-time theater and public arena, this location has been taken over by Raiders, who don’t allow anyone in other than their own. Tommy Lonegan, a Southie Ghoul, announces the fights, while Cait, the headliner, cuts throats in the ring."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)