|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A good pistol with solid damage and range. However, ammunition is not common or cheap. After the two shotguns it's the best non-automatic weapon for close quarters shooting in the early game.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Three carried by raiders in Brahmin Wood. One is on a raider outside the compound entrance. There's another on a raider inside the roadblock. The third is carried by raider boss Horus inside his base in Brahmin Wood.
- One can be found in Freeport, inside the chest in the O'Reilly tent.
- Three carried by Beastlords in the Quincy.
- Six carried by Beastlords in the Mardin.
- One carried by Enforcer in Junction City.
- Common among raider random encounters.
- One is carried by the Farmer in the farmer special encounter.
- One is sold by the Hermit in the Hermit special encounter.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Sounds[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Colt 45 appeared first in Fallout, on the cover of the Guns and Bullets magazine. Chris Taylor desired to include it as a usable firearm, but failed to do so in order to limit the types of ammunition . It was not until Fallout Tactics that it became a usable weapon.
References[edit | edit source]
- Post by Chris Taylor where he stated, "My only regret is not including a Colt .45. It fits in the same category as the Mauser. I think it was a question of trying to keep the number of ammo types down."