|For an overview of 10mm pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see 10mm pistol.|
The large-framed N99 was selected as the standard issue conventional sidearm of the United States military, following the phaseout of the N80 in 2051. The long-barreled pistol remained in service for 26 years, until the Great War destroyed the United States. The pistol is designed to withstand the most extreme conditions, which was one of the requirements for a new service sidearm. It can also be repaired easily by anyone with even the most basic technical knowledge. This includes both clearing misfeeds and restoring a unit to working condition after long exposure to elements without maintenance.
These features also make it popular with wastelanders, who appreciate the ease of maintenance. It remains a common weapon, as even though many civilian units were ruined, they can easily be restored by anyone with some repair knowledge. Even damaged units can be used reliably, though they will offer subpar performance and jam frequently. The number of manufactured pistols means that parts are easy to come by, however. The N99 10mm pistol may be equipped with a suppressor for more covert applications.
It does more damage and critical damage than regular 10mm pistols. It also has a higher value and item HP. It is obtained from Colonel Autumn's body at 100% condition.
Colonel Autumn's 10mm pistol can fire a total of about 577 rounds, the equivalent of 49 reloads, from full condition before breaking, roughly 23 more rounds than the normal 10mm. It fires around 20 magazines (or 245 rounds) more than the silenced version.
- Silenced 10mm pistol - While not unique, the silenced 10mm pistol is a suppressed version of this weapon. It is weaker, but firing while sneaking will not give away one's position.
- Sim version - a sim-only version of the weapon which has been re-skinned to appear newer and less worn. It also differs in health, with a whopping 999,150 hit points, essentially preventing the gun from ever degrading, This weapon is not normally accessible outside of the simulation.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- 10mm alloy steel pistol - another version of the weapon was cut from the Operation Anchorage add-on, it differs from the standard 10mm pistol in appearance only, using the same new skin as the sim-only version.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- Sonora Cruz' 10mm pistol - a unique pistol carried by Sonora Cruz. It deals 100 damage, but Sonora's confidence is marked as "cowardly," so she flees from enemies and never uses her pistol.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Colonel Autumn's 10mm pistol||13||78||6||x1||13||17||0.8||0.5||12||577||3||325||108.3|
|Silenced 10mm pistol||8||48||6||x2||5||21||0.4||0.5||12||333||3||250||83.3|
One must face directly towards the body with the cursor directly on the body in the first-person view. Once this is done, hold down the button that changes the perspective and it should be possible to rotate the camera. Rotate it 180 degrees and you should see a "Search Colonel Autumn" message. One can also search James and possibly everyone in the room if they fall close enough to the wall. If it is not taken then, it will not spawn on him during the final fight during Take it Back!, being replaced by Colonel Autumn's laser pistol, or Colonel Autumn's laser pistol (Broken Steel), if you have Broken Steel installed.
- Citadel terminal entries; weapon information research database terminal, N99 10mm Pistol
- The Lone Wanderer: "Your gun is jammed? Can I take a look at it?"
Pek: "Sure, I guess. Can you fix it?"
The Lone Wanderer: "Sure can. Here, just pull this back to clear the chamber."
Pek: "Wow... that's... that's easy. Now at least I can shoot back at those mutant bastards. Are you ready?"