| ||For the pre-War company, see Codac.|
The Codac R9000 is a camera used to take pictures of landmarks in Fallout: New Vegas. It behaves similarly to a firearm and causes nearby non-player characters to react as though they had been fired at with a weapon when used.
- Its reticule is exactly the same as the laser rifle scope, holorifle scope, and the Red Glare scope.
- This weapon has an abnormally high AP cost, at about 1000 AP.
- Equipping the camera holsters it as if it were a usable weapon. In third person mode, the camera will clip into the Courier's leg slightly.
- Its recoil and reload animations are similar to that of the N99 10mm pistol.
- The Codac R9000 actually fires invisible projectiles that deal no damage and will not anger the person "shot." This can be seen by firing it at the water, where it will cause ripples. Companions will still remark on how the player is "wasting ammunition."
- Photographing the Boulder City Memorial will anger Private Kowalski and cause the Defacing the Humble Stone quest to trigger.
- If on the Strip and taking a picture around securitrons, they will not become hostile but will note that the use of the camera is still "disturbing the peace" on the Strip.
- The camera will not be confiscated upon entering a casino, and equipping or firing it will not turn any of the casino staff hostile.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The name first appears on the Necropolis town map background in the original Fallout.
- An unnamed and unusable Codac R9000 appears in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas and is simply named camera.
- Codac is a reference to Kodak, the company that developed the first roll film cameras.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 The camera is a quest item and because of this it cannot be discarded when the quest is completed, and unfortunately due to a bug it is not removed when the quest is turned in either. [verified]
- On the PC, it can be removed from the inventory by using the console command SetQuestObject 0011a208 0. If the first command doesn't work, you can use player.RemoveItem 0011a208 1.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 This weapon can strangely be repaired with a hunting rifle (even without the Jury Rigging perk). [verified]
- PC This item may cause the Dead Money DLC to crash at the beginning, due to the script removing all items from the player inventory. Due to the camera being marked as a quest item, it cannot be removed by the script and may cause a crash. Running the above console command to revert its quest item status fixed it. [verified]