Originally a facility for the United States Coast Guard, this pier was built along the Charles River just southwest of Boston. Shortly before the Great War, the Coast Guard had intercepted a shipment of smuggled chems, which can be discovered and looted within the evidence room.
This location contains two buildings: the main facility and a small guard tower next to the river, along with a couple of nearby trailers that are still accessible, albeit locked and trapped, containing an armor workbench and weapons workbench. In the river next to the guard tower there is a sunken ship that can still be accessed and looted. A vertibird is crashed into a landing pad next to the main building.
Inside of the main facility, there are two floors and a basement: the first floor contains the evidence room along with a single cell. Inside of the evidence lockup, there is quite a bit of ammo and Buffout, along with two safes in the lockup room in the basement, and one upstairs in the office area.
- The USCG holding cell key can be found inside of a crashed vertibird just north of the pier, in a footlocker behind the seat.
- The USCG lockup password can be found in the sunken ship at the rear dock, just inside the submerged cabin-house, inside a chest on the left floor.
- Astoundingly Awesome Tales can be found in a cell in the Coast Guard lock up, on the toilet. The cell requires Expert-level lockpicking to gain access, or, alternatively, by utilizing the lockup terminal located on a desk in the same room, or by using the holding cell key.
- Eddie Winter holotape 9 can be found inside of an Advanced-locked safe on the second floor of the main facility.
- A mini nuke can be found on the roof behind a wooden crate and next to a meat bags.
The holding cell features clean, vault-style beds.
The Coast Guard pier appears only in Fallout 4.
- Coast Guard Pier terminal entries; Evidence room terminal
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.369-370: "[6.02] COAST GUARD PIER
The Coast Guard station along the Charles River had intercepted a shipment of smuggled chems. Now it is overrun by Super Mutants. The outside trailer (Advanced) allows access to an armor workbench and first aid. Another of Eddie Winter’s Holotapes is on top of the main floor safe (Advanced). The upstairs restroom (Novice) contains first aid. The downstairs cell (Expert) holds a magazine and can be more easily opened at the adjacent lockup terminal. The evidence room terminal (Expert) is a trickier hack, but the room itself houses a good amount of ammo and chems, as well as two more safes (Novice, Expert)."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Coast Guard Pier terminal entries; Coast Guard lockup terminal, CASE 578-Tf: Doe Trafficking Logs